Big Changes to UPS Basic-beginning of the end???!!!

Ms.PacMan

My mgmt team told me I don't need a signature. So I now use MCM or MCW:happy2:

You definitely need the P.O. to sign for the boxes. Those Basic barcodes are different from the ones we deliver. The DIAD evens asks you at the end if you are leaving the pkgs at an authorized location.

coldworld - deliver to the back. No lines there.

BigBrownSanta

I saw a Fedex ground truck delivering to the post office on my area today. This is the first time in my 5 years on this route to see that. I don't know if they've always delivered there and I have just never noticed or if they are starting something new.

browndevil

more clarif
At the Post Office?! That is a business and as such requires a signature. Do yourself a favor and get an signature as this may come back and bite you.

You definitely need the P.O. to sign for the boxes. Those Basic barcodes are different from the ones we deliver. The DIAD evens asks you at the end if you are leaving the pkgs at an authorized location.

coldworld - deliver to the back. No lines there.
I am just repeating what my Ctr Mgr told me via the DIAD. I know is doesn't make sense to me either. The Post Office is a business and therefore a signature is required

Last edited:
I saw a Fedex ground truck delivering to the post office on my area today. This is the first time in my 5 years on this route to see that. I don't know if they've always delivered there and I have just never noticed or if they are starting something new.
They started it here before we did.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I guess that shows how much I pay attention.

Funny that you mention, paying attention. People always tell me that they honked or waved at me, asking if I saw them. I can't begin to explain how oblivious I am to everything but getting through traffic, delivering the pkgs and getting the board signed. I wouldn't know if Michael Jackson or Paris Hilton were standing next to me, at times. Those were the only 2 references that came to mind.:wink2:

BigBrownSanta

Funny that you mention, paying attention. People always tell me that they honked or waved at me, asking if I saw them. I can't begin to explain how oblivious I am to everything but getting through traffic, delivering the pkgs and getting the board signed. I wouldn't know if Michael Jackson or Paris Hilton were standing next to me, at times. Those were the only 2 references that came to mind.:wink2:

This must be universal to all drivers because it happens to me alot also. I've gotten to a point that I just wave in the general direction of the honk.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Steve,

Nowadays, Michael Jackson would be seen sitting beside you. He's been on all his outings in a wheel chair. Keeping you informed with info. from the Globe & Enquirer. :wink2:

outta hours

I wouldn't know if Michael Jackson or Paris Hilton were standing next to me, at times. Those were the only 2 references that came to mind.:wink2:

Don't forget your camera on that day. That is one picture I gotta see. Michael Jackson handing the DIAD to Paris Hilton getting her to sign it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I think I've posted this before, but anyways, here I go again.

One day while make a delivery to a gas station, I walk around the line of people, to just behind the counter to get a signature. The woman behind the counter is having a difficult time getting a customers credit card to scan. I keep inching toward her and she finally signs the board, and off I go. I leave that store and head straight off to my next deliveries.

I get home that night, and my wife says, I saw you on your route today. She says, you know what, I'm not worried about you meeting any hot babes at work, anymore. I ask, why not? She says, do you remember going to the gas station today? I say yes, why? She says, the clerk was having trouble with a customers credit card, I say, and? Well, I was that customer. I thought that when you left, you were going outside to say hi to the girls waiting in the car, and you just got right into your truck, and left.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think I've posted this before, but anyways, here I go again.

One day while make a delivery to a gas station, I walk around the line of people, to just behind the counter to get a signature. The woman behind the counter is having a difficult time getting a customers credit card to scan. I keep inching toward her and she finally signs the board, and off I go. I leave that store and head straight off to my next deliveries.

I get home that night, and my wife says, I saw you on your route today. She says, you know what, I'm not worried about you meeting any hot babes at work, anymore. I ask, why not? She says, do you remember going to the gas station today? I say yes, why? She says, the clerk was having trouble with a customers credit card, I say, and? Well, I was that customer. I thought that when you left, you were going outside to say hi to the girls waiting in the car, and you just got right into your truck, and left.

Did she at least bring you a blanket and pillow for your night spent on the sofa?

Big Babooba

If MJ was standing next to you you'd feel a girly hand moving up your shorts.
I would say that it was Paris Hilton's hand. Steve is much too old for Michael Jackson!