Big lay offs this week.

undies

So many guys were laid off in my district that I have to go back into the hub to work! Didn't want to burn a vacation because I swear they will use cover drivers and I won't be able to file if I'm scheduled off. I'm hoping other drivers will keep me updated if they see any Covers working at all this week!

Anyone else have major lay offs this week???

barnyard

KTM rider
We have a couple of weeks of full vacation and a couple of no vacations the next couple of months. No vacation weeks will see some layoffs in my center also.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My center is so barebones we'll have no layoffs. we barely have enough cover drivers

Same here and after the blizzard we are maxed out every driver and sup on the road. With everyone working we have one more route in than a regular Wednesday or Thursday. We need to hire 4-5 guys.

Johney

Same here and after the blizzard we are maxed out every driver and sup on the road. With everyone working we have one more route in than a regular Wednesday or Thursday. We need to hire 4-5 guys.
We are at least 10 guys down from the last 2 years. From guys who have quit,retired,comp or passed away none have been replaced.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We would have layoffs but we have enough people happy with working enough to get to the next week and take 3 no pays in a week. These are the same guys you'll see here in 30 years that have to stay.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We're super tight on drivers here, they just took down the bid lists for 8-10 new fulltime positions and that's just barely enough.

Just Lurking

Same in my center and they wonder why are pension is broke.

You do realize that that different areas, conferences and locals have different rules for insurance and pension payments.

In our local you only need to work one punch in the month to get insurance and pension payments for the whole month. That is a punch in/out and not working the whole day. Plus you only need 40 weeks of credits in June 1 to May 31 year for full year of pension credit.

Theoretically, you could show up once monthly from June through March and the pension plan would be getting enough money according to actuaries. Plus 12 days to keep insurance coverage all year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Same in my center and they wonder why are pension is broke.

You do realize that that different areas, conferences and locals have different rules for insurance and pension payments.

In our local you only need to work one punch in the month to get insurance and pension payments for the whole month. That is a punch in/out and not working the whole day. Plus you only need 40 weeks of credits in June 1 to May 31 year for full year of pension credit.

Theoretically, you could show up once monthly from June through March and the pension plan would be getting enough money according to actuaries. Plus 12 days to keep insurance coverage all year.

Really amazing how different some locals are.

My local was some what the same. All you needed was 1400 hours then 1600 then 1800 now 2080. You also could get $50,000 for $700 month less on your pension check and now that's gone. And that's the point I was making.