Big News in Laurel Mountain?

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
Ive heard all kinds of rumors from people being laid off to different shifts running at different times including working 4-10's instead of 5 days.
Supposedly a big management meeting next week sometime with 'news' to follow.

Anyone have any leaks?

Ive heard all kinds of rumors from people being laid off to different shifts running at different times including working 4-10's instead of 5 days.

Anyone have any leaks?
I'd gladly work 4-10s, beats 5-10s any week, IMO.
32X 28.89=924.24
+8x 43.33=346.68
------------------
Yeah I can live off that.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I'd gladly work 4-10s, beats 5-10s any week, IMO.
32X 28.89=924.24
+8x 43.33=346.68
------------------
Yeah I can live off that.
I'd hate to burst your bubble driver but usually a 4-10 schedule is 40 hours at straight time - no overtime rate after the 8th hour just 10 hours at straight time - thats how it is in feeders anyway :wink2:

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
Well ive also heard they wanted to re-neg the contract, but its all rumors like i said, i was just wondering if anyones heard anything bout it, suppose to come out of the bag next week sometime.

Well ive also heard they wanted to re-neg the contract, but its all rumors like i said, i was just wondering if anyones heard anything bout it, suppose to come out of the bag next week sometime.
I don't think a re-neg of the contract would fly too well. Besides the one we have now favors to company more than any I've ever worked under.

Work right slow and safe

Anyone have any leaks?

the ceo is going to take more money from us to pad his pockets yea for him must be nice :greedy:

:wink2: I agree. I would love 3 day weekends. Then again, it all depends on which day they want you to take off. 4 10's suck when you get Wed, Sat, Sun off.
I dunno...work two , off one, work two, off two....rinse and repeat. I could live with it.

pretzel_man

No renegotiation coming.

During a Q&A session, John McDevitt was asked whether UPS was asking the Teamsters for consessions due to the bad economy.

He said no, and explained the many reasons why that was not going to happen.

P-Man

tieguy

Banned

Anyone have any leaks?

They're elimating the dental plan. To expensive in laurel mountain.:happy-very:

Also fraternization will now include any acts of incest.:happy-very:

contract to be rewritten. The word "they" will be replaced with ya'll and
shall with sho'nuff.:happy-very:

christmas no longer a holiday , celebrating chuck nolls birthday instead.:happy-very:

selling moonshine in the parking lot now a cardinal sin.:happy-very: