Big Party In Seattle for Founders Day

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Channahon, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Channahon

Channahon New Member

All district managers will be in Seattle to celebrate Founders Day along with 100 UPS employees.
    This info is on UPSer's.com. If you have access, you may want to take a look, might see someone you know.

2. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

How did they pick the 100 employees? I was never asked.:tongue_sm

3. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Me neither, but on the upside...we'll get friggin cake for breakfast!:w00t:

4. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, And we won't have to listen to the Division Manager speak at the PCM!:thumbup1:

5. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Can you be a little more specific on the time and place. I will donate the first $20 to we need a whole new dm department fund! Can you make sure the board of directors are there to please!

6. sendagain

sendagain Member

Maybe they are there to get their walking papers. Obviously, the company can run without them.

7. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Well, ain't that just special. How much did THAT cost? Maybe that's why we didn't get squat here today.

Some day-old donuts would've at least shown they thot about it.

8. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

UPS paid to have actors dressed up in browns.

9. I went on UPSers.com. Got a lot of 'page not founds' and proxy errors. THis happens during periods of high activity....I'll try again later.

Go UPS!
    P&1

10. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

I walked into work this morning and grabbed a free mountain dew, 2 donuts and the gift. I walked to break this morning and grabbed 2 more donuts. :w00t:

11. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

down $1.08 !! Happy frikkin' birthday!!:sad:

12. Cezanne

Cezanne New Member

Damn post office, they must of lost my invitation in the mail.:confused:1

13. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

"All district managers will be in Seattle..."

Hmmm, what's that saying?

"One hand grenade would get you all!"

14. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Was that inappropriate?

15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I got my donoughts but no medal!

16. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

The top 100 people who have kissed the most :censored2: got a chance to go..lol, seriously, just kidding folks, don't come at me with guns drawn. Somebody from my building is going, I think he has close to, or over 40 years of service...

17. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

I guess I won't be getting anything, I am on vacation. Do you think they saved me anything???

18. UPS Lifer

UPS Lifer Well-Known Member

You had to figure Seattle would end up in the celebration somehow. I am sure there were a lot of people up in Seattle that had to scramble to make the celebration special (for someone else:w00t:)!

I was curious to see if the retired folks who have given a lifetime of service to make this company what it is today would get some sort of recognition or acknowledgement. .....I did get a letter asking for a contribution as a retired employee for United Way...that arrived on Founder's Day :w00t::w00t::w00t:

For those of you that are still working and contributing to the legacy, Thank you for what you are doing day in and day out. Happy Birthday to the people who really matter you folks. :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

19. sendagain

sendagain Member

I was curious to see if the retired folks who have given a lifetime of service to make this company what it is today would get some sort of recognition or acknowledgement. .....I did get a letter asking for a contribution as a retired employee for United Way...that arrived on Founder's Day :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I have been retired three years and hardly ever hear anything from the company. If they weren't still handling my medical, it would be as though I had never worked there.

20. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Has any one seen tieguy? Tie with all the starbucks there and wireless connections you cant give us an update?