Big problems with the brown

jeremySt

Look I only been working for 3 months so far for UPS. I am tired of the redicule and humiliation the supervisors do to me. I load a truck with a very high volume, really to much to handle by myself. I have gotten to the point where I have had it with the harassment coming from supervisors, the threats from them that I have started looking into the union contract and speaking with an agent. For the last 2 days I have enforced my union contract against the supervisors and they are not liking it. Threatening me, not sending me the extra loaders to help anymore, pulling away my help from me. I have sent a huge list of things that has happened the last 2 days and my thoughts about it to my union agent. What else should I do in this situation? I need help. I need result's.

Ouch

Play their game and win. Work as instructed, show up for work on time, don't lie, don't steal, and don't fight. File grievances and supplement your income. It's a game they can't win. Work as instructed with a smile and enjoy the extra money. The minute you lose your cool they win.

brostalss

You're still a Newbie. (No offense) You'll find out that at UPS, it's all about the numbers.

Current higher uppers step over a dime to save a nickel.

Best advice, do the best job you can and when your Sup yells or threatens you, just say "I'll do my best" and keep at it. Forget the BS and just do your job.

Good luck

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Like the others said, you will learn the game. After a few years you won't even hear them half of the time. If the union doesn't help there is a 1800 number you can call. I've seen others call it and wraith has been brought down upon supervision. However there is usually backlash. My best advice is just say okay and keep doing what you are doing. Don't get angry and run off at the mouth I have done this and it has gotten me no where except in an office and more yelling. Just say okay and work at your on pace. I have never seen anyone fired for going to slow.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've never heard of loading "a" truck. Our loaders always handled more than one---usually 3 and sometimes 4.

10 point

Look I only been working for 3 months so far for UPS. I am tired of the redicule and humiliation the supervisors do to me. I load a truck with a very high volume, really to much to handle by myself. I have gotten to the point where I have had it with the harassment coming from supervisors, the threats from them that I have started looking into the union contract and speaking with an agent. For the last 2 days I have enforced my union contract against the supervisors and they are not liking it. Threatening me, not sending me the extra loaders to help anymore, pulling away my help from me. I have sent a huge list of things that has happened the last 2 days and my thoughts about it to my union agent. What else should I do in this situation? I need help. I need result's.
The harder you work, the more work you get.

Working "by their methods" and at a pace that misloads are under control is easier on your body. The mind control tactics of the supes will quit when they see it's not working.

File your grievances for over supervising your work and harassment if need be but call the 800# if they raise their voices or get threatening in posture.

That is workplace violence and they are creating a hostile work environment which is punishable in court.

OntCombo63

No matter what always work as directed unless deemed unsafe. Any time you feel harasses document the time the altercation and any other witnesses present. If it is a true case of harassment the documentation will speak for itself and help you in a grievance hearing and or meeting with a shop steward or ba.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What's a 'pug', other than a small breed of dog?

Sounds pretty easy loading four small dogs.
image.jpg

You could put more than four pugs in the back of a pug.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You need to pull your weight. You can't expect help everyday....everyone has their own trucks to load, right? I'm not saying you deserve to be harassed or ridiculed....but you're not contractually entitled to help unless moving overweights. Find your pace and get it done...if they send u help, great.,..otherwise it will just take longer to finish.

PT Car Washer

I think we call them pups. 26 ft trailers. That is a lot of work for a new guy. Does everyone load this many. What percentage are you filling them?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
DON'T FALL TO THE TRAPS, THERE HAS GOT TO BE A SAND BOX SOMEWHERE FOR THEM TO PLAY IN, WORK AS INSTRUCTED.