Big Push For Increased Productivity

FedEx2000

The falsification practices that are being discussed are very widespread. If you took the time, and had the desire, you'd find it in your own station. All you'd have to do was follow someone with astounding numbers during their 13/14 "lunch hour". Maybe your station goes by the book, but I doubt it.

That doesn't mean that FedEx encourages it, it just means that there are managers allow it. Personally, if/when I notice it, it's addressed immediately.....i'm not going to get fired for looking the other way b/c one of my employees chooses to falsify.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That doesn't mean that FedEx encourages it, it just means that there are managers allow it. Personally, if/when I notice it, it's addressed immediately.....i'm not going to get fired for looking the other way b/c one of my employees chooses to falsify.

There are plenty of locations that apparently feel otherwise. No manager is going to be stupid enough to openly advocate for falsification, but they certainly look the other way...a lot. And FedEx (the corporation), isn't doing much to ferret out the bad actors.

FedEx2000

There are plenty of locations that apparently feel otherwise. No manager is going to be stupid enough to openly advocate for falsification, but they certainly look the other way...a lot. And FedEx (the corporation), isn't doing much to ferret out the bad actors.

Well, since you like to question the integrity of mgrs that allow it, I would add that it calls in to question the integrity of the couriers that do it just b/c they don't get caught or their mgr doesn't address it with them. Like I said, just b/c you can get away with it doesn't make it right......why risk your job over something like this?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Agreed, but it's the corporation's responsibility to stop it. They seem to have no interest in reducing "productivity".

newgirl

With the emphasis on CORE now and the daily GAP report it will be hard for a manager to ignore it now. Things will be there in black and white (and other various colors.) If a manager looks at a report that shows stops all over the place then they are going to have to question it or get terminated. The GAP reports have been available for a while, perhaps to ferret out the falsifiers/double sheeters. Now that they are going to be forced to use it, they will have to. Hopefully like Fedex2000 says the little things, like how you went 15 blocks in trafffic in under 2 mins to get that 1700 close, will be addressed in one-on-one meetings.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
With the emphasis on CORE now and the daily GAP report it will be hard for a manager to ignore it now. Things will be there in black and white (and other various colors.) If a manager looks at a report that shows stops all over the place then they are going to have to question it or get terminated. The GAP reports have been available for a while, perhaps to ferret out the falsifiers/double sheeters. Now that they are going to be forced to use it, they will have to. Hopefully like Fedex2000 says the little things, like how you went 15 blocks in trafffic in under 2 mins to get that 1700 close, will be addressed in one-on-one meetings.

As long as it benefits them to look the other way, I'm guessing quite a few managers will. If not, they are going to have some explaining to do when their overall numbers take a sudden drop.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Nope. I know. It might be hard for you to believe but the odds are most employees are not on thin ice. I can only infer from your post that you are on thin ice so what put you there?

No you're only wishing that I am and even if were, would I bother to tell you the reason?

I don't think so.

quadro

No you're only wishing that I am and even if were, would I bother to tell you the reason?

I don't think so.
I may not agree with you but I certainly don't wish for anyone to lose their job. Some people deserve it but I don't wish it on them. I was only inferring from your post that you believe all employees are on thin ice, they just might not see it. If that's true, then how come you are not on thin ice?

Cactus

I may not agree with you but I certainly don't wish for anyone to lose their job. Some people deserve it but I don't wish it on them. I was only inferring from your post that you believe all employees are on thin ice, they just might not see it. If that's true, then how come you are not on thin ice?

No I didn't infere that all employees are on thin ice. Not at all. But the way the upper management approaches issues it sure makes many people feel threatened.

LTFedExer

The policy is clear. You falsify and get caught, you get fired. Off the top of my head, I can think of 6 couriers fired for falsifying. Why anyone would even consider putting themselves in that situation is beyond me.

Doesn't matter who tells you what or who looks the other way. When push comes to shove, it's every person for themselves......managers, couriers and CSA's.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The policy is clear. You falsify and get caught, you get fired. Off the top of my head, I can think of 6 couriers fired for falsifying. Why anyone would even consider putting themselves in that situation is beyond me.

Doesn't matter who tells you what or who looks the other way. When push comes to shove, it's every person for themselves......managers, couriers and CSA's.

The policy is very clear, yet the decision has been made by a significant proportion of management to look the other way, because it benefits them to do so. Good numbers mean everything in this company. Who cares if they are completely fake as long as the bonuses and 5-Star awards keep coming in. It's a joke.

LTFedExer

The policy is very clear, yet the decision has been made by a significant proportion of management to look the other way, because it benefits them to do so. Good numbers mean everything in this company. Who cares if they are completely fake as long as the bonuses and 5-Star awards keep coming in. It's a joke.
The decision to 'look the other way' is made by the manager......yes. But, the final decision to do so lies on the courier. Sorry, but I do not feel sorry for any courier fired for falsification.......no matter why he/she did it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The decision to 'look the other way' is made by the manager......yes. But, the final decision to do so lies on the courier. Sorry, but I do not feel sorry for any courier fired for falsification.......no matter why he/she did it.

Neither do I, but there are a lot of employees who are easily intimidated by a manager who pressures them to get bigger numbers.

Cactus

Off the top of my head, I can think of 6 couriers fired for falsifying. Why anyone would even consider putting themselves in that situation is beyond me.

What a coincidence, I can think of 6 managers who have falsiified and have kept their jobs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What a coincidence, I can think of 6 managers who have falsiified and have kept their jobs.

Every manager I know falsifies regularly. Some of the stuff is minor, but a lot of it isn't. They get quite good at it. One big example is not scanning-in late freight when it actually arrives. They wait until it moves-off the RDL list, and then pretend it got there at 1600, not 1000. Great for customers looking for a pkg that "isn't in the station". Every station I've ever worked at does it.

penncyltucky

Every manager I know falsifies regularly. Some of the stuff is minor, but a lot of it isn't. They get quite good at it. One big example is not scanning-in late freight when it actually arrives. They wait until it moves-off the RDL list, and then pretend it got there at 1600, not 1000. Great for customers looking for a pkg that "isn't in the station". Every station I've ever worked at does it.

penncyltucky

Guys, new to this. I think it really comes down to if you don't like waking up and going to your career then go look for another career. I can tell you that I have worked for several transportation companies over the past 23 years and the stuff YOU complaining about is the same but different people. So I would suggest to o think of leaving if YOU don't like it (they are not holding a gun to your head). I have a lot of friends that are Union Drivers (hate their job) and I have a lot of non-union that love their career. I know union drivers that like their careers and non-union that hate their jobs. Go get a good career!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Guys, new to this. I think it really comes down to if you don't like waking up and going to your career then go look for another career. I can tell you that I have worked for several transportation companies over the past 23 years and the stuff YOU complaining about is the same but different people. So I would suggest to o think of leaving if YOU don't like it (they are not holding a gun to your head). I have a lot of friends that are Union Drivers (hate their job) and I have a lot of non-union that love their career. I know union drivers that like their careers and non-union that hate their jobs. Go get a good career!

Didn't you say you were in sales? What you do and what we do is like comparing apples and thorazine.....in other words, nothing alike. Our salespeople do things like give customers pickup times at 1800 when the airplane leaves at 1815 and then wonder why there's a problem.

FedEx2000

That's just dumb of them, all you have to do it a SIP+Stat31 (arrived after couriers departed). Then have the PM drivers take out as much as possible since most pickup routes have a fair amount of down time waiting for DBX's etc., and shuttle what makes sense to the regular drivers.............not saying your scenario doesn't happen, it just doesn't happen everywhere.