Big Push For Increased Productivity

quadro

FedEx doesn't advertise it's mistakes...even internally. I've been around a long time and never heard of a "re-survey" until just recently.
Oh well if MFE hasn't heard of it, it must only be available to those who know the secret handshake.
If the SFA is such a great indicator, why re-test at all?
Good answer but not what we were looking for, sorry you lose. It's because the SFA is a good indicator that you would want to re-survey when a score is bad. That way you can see if you've made any progress. Tough concept, I know, so let it rattle around for a while and see if it sinks in.
Read my posts. many of which are extremely critical of the union, quite unlike your kiss-up tales that nearly always spin the "facts" in the favor of FedEx...kind of like FOX News.
I'm not spinning anything. I'm just presenting facts to show how you are spinning things. You consistently twist people's words and conveniently leave out important details.
And, of course, the people re-taking the SFA know it...duh. What they don't know is the corporate methodology or rationale for the re-test.
Well duh! Of course they know what the rationale is. Most if not all of them took the SFA 6 months earlier and know that their manager had a low score. Maybe you can't figure out why they would be re-surveying but fortunately they're smart enough to figure it out.

Go ahead and try to discredit me.
Already done.
If it's your job, you suck at it, because I've consistently exposed your one-sided rants that almost always support FedEx.
Oh you mean how re-surveys are secret and absences you know nothing about should be covered under FMLA. All you've exposed is how little you really know and how you are most likely just a union plant.
If Fred told you that putting heroin on your Cheerios was good for you...you'd do it, AND try to sell the rest of us on how FedEx has our best interests at heart. Get a bigger straw, and tell Maury he needs to hire better talent.
And in conclusion, you again try to discredit me by presuming to know what I think and you do a very poor job at it. Unlike you, I can think for myself and I encourage people to do the same. As I said, they shouldn't take my word or yours and thankfully you've exposed yourself for what you are and now maybe people will research for themselves and won't be swayed by your misdirection. Might be time to get a new script from your local.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh well if MFE hasn't heard of it, it must only be available to those who know the secret handshake.

Good answer but not what we were looking for, sorry you lose. It's because the SFA is a good indicator that you would want to re-survey when a score is bad. That way you can see if you've made any progress. Tough concept, I know, so let it rattle around for a while and see if it sinks in.

I'm not spinning anything. I'm just presenting facts to show how you are spinning things. You consistently twist people's words and conveniently leave out important details.

Well duh! Of course they know what the rationale is. Most if not all of them took the SFA 6 months earlier and know that their manager had a low score. Maybe you can't figure out why they would be re-surveying but fortunately they're smart enough to figure it out.

Already done.

Oh you mean how re-surveys are secret and absences you know nothing about should be covered under FMLA. All you've exposed is how little you really know and how you are most likely just a union plant.

And in conclusion, you again try to discredit me by presuming to know what I think and you do a very poor job at it. Unlike you, I can think for myself and I encourage people to do the same. As I said, they shouldn't take my word or yours and thankfully you've exposed yourself for what you are and now maybe people will research for themselves and won't be swayed by your misdirection. Might be time to get a new script from your local.

Another pitifully weak attack. Perhaps you and Maury should try something new.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And another pitifully weak response. Perhaps you and Hoffa should try something new.

Again, more apologies and excuses for FedEx bad behavior. Let's see, if I go out for eye surgery that would seem to be a legitimate reason not to be at work, right? If you have a chronic medical condition that prevents you from performing your FedEx duties, that would generally qualify as FMLA-eligible, as in unpaid, but not counted against the employee for performance purposes. Maybe this individual didn't get his paperwork right, or wasn't given correct FMLA information from management, but to terminate someone for attendance based on a legitimate medical absence is immoral and just plain cold. That's FedEx for you though....PSP at work. Ask Maury how he wants you to spin this one, OK?

quadro

Again, more apologies and excuses for FedEx bad behavior. Let's see, if I go out for eye surgery that would seem to be a legitimate reason not to be at work, right? If you have a chronic medical condition that prevents you from performing your FedEx duties, that would generally qualify as FMLA-eligible, as in unpaid, but not counted against the employee for performance purposes. Maybe this individual didn't get his paperwork right, or wasn't given correct FMLA information from management, but to terminate someone for attendance based on a legitimate medical absence is immoral and just plain cold. That's FedEx for you though....PSP at work. Ask Maury how he wants you to spin this one, OK?
Where do you see me apologizing? I'm just stating facts. Yes eye surgery would likely be a legitimate reason if it's not elective. Yes a chronic medical condition might also prevent you from coming to work. Whether or not they are FMLA eligible is not determined by FedEx. FMLA is a law not a FedEx policy. In fact, you can have paid time off that is FMLA eligible so maybe it is you who should get your facts straight.

Even if someone does not qualify for FMLA, FedEx still gives them 90 days (FMLA is at max 84 days) before their job can be posted. Then depending on full-time or part-time status there could be short term disability followed by long term disability. At what point do you draw the line before replacing someone. If it goes too long, then everyone else in the station has to pickup that slack. How is that fair to those people and to the customer? Sure, we can do it for 90 days and we do. Sometimes it's closer to 180 days before it's all sorted out but eventually you have to replace someone who has been on an extended absence. And that is PSP at work because it sucks for the 1 person who is out but it sucks even bigger for the employees who have to carry the extra weight day in and day out while that 1 person isn't there. I'll gladly help out to cover another employee as much as I can and I know most people will but I can only do it for so long before my family forgets who I am.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Where do you see me apologizing? I'm just stating facts. Yes eye surgery would likely be a legitimate reason if it's not elective. Yes a chronic medical condition might also prevent you from coming to work. Whether or not they are FMLA eligible is not determined by FedEx. FMLA is a law not a FedEx policy. In fact, you can have paid time off that is FMLA eligible so maybe it is you who should get your facts straight.

Even if someone does not qualify for FMLA, FedEx still gives them 90 days (FMLA is at max 84 days) before their job can be posted. Then depending on full-time or part-time status there could be short term disability followed by long term disability. At what point do you draw the line before replacing someone. If it goes too long, then everyone else in the station has to pickup that slack. How is that fair to those people and to the customer? Sure, we can do it for 90 days and we do. Sometimes it's closer to 180 days before it's all sorted out but eventually you have to replace someone who has been on an extended absence. And that is PSP at work because it sucks for the 1 person who is out but it sucks even bigger for the employees who have to carry the extra weight day in and day out while that 1 person isn't there. I'll gladly help out to cover another employee as much as I can and I know most people will but I can only do it for so long before my family forgets who I am.

You know, if Fred were standing over a dead bullet-riddled body with a smoking gun in his hand covered with his fingerprints...you'd still defend him. I'll bet you don't think OJ did it either, or that Catholic priests didn't diddle the young boys. That's the kind of person you seem to be, with a quirky "logic" that somehow "explains" it all. Perhaps you've been watching too many episodes of "Walker:Texas Ranger". I get so tired of hearing that tired old line you just used about the other employees having to "carry the weight". If you're sick and can't do the job, you need time to get better (without being fired). Now, go ask Maury what you should say next.

quadro

You know, if Fred were standing over a dead bullet-riddled body with a smoking gun in his hand covered with his fingerprints...you'd still defend him. I'll bet you don't think OJ did it either, or that Catholic priests didn't diddle the young boys. That's the kind of person you seem to be, with a quirky "logic" that somehow "explains" it all. Perhaps you've been watching too many episodes of "Walker:Texas Ranger". I get so tired of hearing that tired old line you just used about the other employees having to "carry the weight". If you're sick and can't do the job, you need time to get better (without being fired). Now, go ask Maury what you should say next.
Avoiding the subject? I thought you were about educating and informing? You won't discuss FMLA because you know I'm right. I'm not defending Fred, I'm just stating facts that you choose to ignore. And once again, just because you don't agree with me and cannot have a rational discussion about something, you throw around things like "quirky logic".

If you bother to read what I wrote, I agreed that people need time to heal when it is a legitimate illness. When someone calls in sick because they cannot be bothered to come to work, I don't care if they get fired, they deserve it. And let me get this straight. You criticize FedEx for expecting employees to do more and more and yet you want FedEx to ask employees to do more and more to cover someone indefinitely because they got sick? How's that for quirky logic???