Big Union

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What is amazing is that someone can still support Obama after all he has not done. Obama/Carter is the same leftist garbage that will never work in a truly free society meant for America....Their only hope is to try and destroy America from within for their own selfish agenda of big unsuccessful government. Get a clue!

Once again, I'll repeat myself. Do you belong to a union Buddybrown? Your "free market" dream is supported by politicians (The Right) who want to kill unions and have you be like a FedEx Ground driver. How does $12 per hour with no OT and no benefits sound to you? That is their "vision" for the American worker, and you're clueless enough to support your oppressors. Your pension and benefits would go the way of the dodo, to whom you seem to be closely related.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: The Mouth of HATE SPEECH says something even more ridiculous on the AIR!

Actually MFE , since there are laws protecting anyone currently vested in their pension plans , they are safe.
Unlike your company which fires anyone who even mentions the "U" word , be it an hourly or mgt.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

By the way how is your company doing ?
I understand that several trucks are required to accomplish what one brown truck does on a daily basis ?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Actually MFE , since there are laws protecting anyone currently vested in their pension plans , they are safe.
Unlike your company which fires anyone who even mentions the "U" word , be it an hourly or mgt.

Your pension might be safe, but is your union job? And what about the next generation of workers?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

By the way how is your company doing ?
I understand that several trucks are required to accomplish what one brown truck does on a daily basis ?

That's because one purple, orange, and white truck covers the area of 4 or 5 brown trucks. FedEx, the corporation, is doing extremely well, mainly at the expense of it's low-wage workforce. I currently have 4 UPS full-timers covering the route area I do for FedEx.

upsgrunt

Being the model of a Democratic citizen you are, why isn't it your personal mission to demand a union shop at FedEx; to make it your call in life to not rest until Fred S hears and submits to your demand that the IBT represent all your co-workers?

If you think about it, it would take 4 or 5 of our trucks to cover your 1 area because we are getting 6 TIMES AS MANY STOPS.
Do you really think you are smarter than anyone else on here?

av8torntn

Being the model of a Democratic citizen you are, why isn't it your personal mission to demand a union shop at FedEx; to make it your call in life to not rest until Fred S hears and submits to your demand that the IBT represent all your co-workers?

If you think about it, it would take 4 or 5 of our trucks to cover your 1 area because we are getting 6 TIMES AS MANY STOPS.
Do you really think you are smarter than anyone else on here?

He had already admitted earlier that he used to work at UPS and couldn't cut it. He said the pay was to low or something.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

He had already admitted earlier that he used to work at UPS and couldn't cut it. He said the pay was to low or something.
More like he didn't want to wait 20 years to obtain the needed seniority to be able to drive feeders.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Your pension might be safe, but is your union job? And what about the next generation of workers?
Well I plan to use this administration's idea of just kicking that can down the road.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Wrong...as usual. I was a seasonal feeder driver at UPS for several peaks. They loved me, but I couldn't afford to wait 20 years for a seat in a feeder. And yes, I'd love to see a union at FedEx, but that isn't going to happen because under the "free market" Fred S has bought himself enough politicians to ensure that FedEx Express will be classified under the RLA forever.

Each one of those 4 UPS drivers I mentioned basically drive a couple hundred feet between stops, so their stop count is correspondingly larger. I drive a lot farther plus I have on-calls where a customer can call right up unti 4 pm and still get a pickup. It's amazing how little you know about the competition and how smug you are about your union job that the GOP doesn't believe-in. Dumb.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

More like he didn't want to wait 20 years to obtain the needed seniority to be able to drive feeders.

You're right for once. I couldn't afford to work nights in the center because I had a family to feed and couldn't do it on those wages. I went straight to RTD at FedEx. If I could have waited, I would have.

av8torntn

That is not being able to cut it. We all know the path it takes to work your way into a desirable union job at UPS. We also all know what it take to work your way into a management job. All an extreme leftist can do is whine and complain about things they do not understand and then call them names(racist, stupid, etc.).

A perfect example of ignorance is when he makes a post about on call pickups. The crybaby is complaining about an on call pickup at 4 pm and he thinks he could have cut it at UPS. It's not amazing that UPS is the industry leader which employees like him.

island1fox

:youreright:
Wrong...as usual. I was a seasonal feeder driver at UPS for several peaks. They loved me, but I couldn't afford to wait 20 years for a seat in a feeder. And yes, I'd love to see a union at FedEx, but that isn't going to happen because under the "free market" Fred S has bought himself enough politicians to ensure that FedEx Express will be classified under the RLA forever.

Each one of those 4 UPS drivers I mentioned basically drive a couple hundred feet between stops, so their stop count is correspondingly larger. I drive a lot farther plus I have on-calls where a customer can call right up unti 4 pm and still get a pickup. It's amazing how little you know about the competition and how smug you are about your union job that the GOP doesn't believe-in. Dumb.

FX,

Well of course that makes Liberal sense and gives us a good sense of why you are so bitter. You have no patience ,could not wait, wanted good things immediately that you did not work for, took a sub-standard job with a sub standard company with sub standard pay and benefits. You now suffer from class envy,feel the system did not work for you and you cry about your situation every day and feel that UPSers do not pay their fair share. Fear not Obama will save you ----Never mind when He had full control of the government for two years --He did nothing to help the Unions organize --Maybe he feared Fred ?? Buying Politicians ?? No Way Obama said his "Hope and Change" would not allow that .
How many bundlers were at the State Dinner this WEEK ??? Bush would have already been branded a LIAR !! Best of luck in his second term --you will need it !!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

That is not being able to cut it. We all know the path it takes to work your way into a desirable union job at UPS. We also all know what it take to work your way into a management job. All an extreme leftist can do is whine and complain about things they do not understand and then call them names(racist, stupid, etc.).

A perfect example of ignorance is when he makes a post about on call pickups. The crybaby is complaining about an on call pickup at 4 pm and he thinks he could have cut it at UPS. It's not amazing that UPS is the industry leader which employees like him.

Whatever. It's clear that you don't understand the FedEx job, which is set-up quite differently from a UPS route which is primarily house calls. I might have 30 regulars (house calls) and another 35-40 on-call pickups, which are times set by the customer. If Joe Blow works at a company with a 1600 cutoff time, he can (and will) call in for a pickup at 1559, which could be all the way across town. I'm also working-in deliveries until 1500 or after if I'm running behind. You are clearly ignorant about the way my job works.

The Feeder and RTD (FedEx name for feeder driver)jobs are basically identical. If anything, the UPS Feeder Driver has less unloading to do. More drop and hooks and breaking down sets though.

I knew the path, but couldn't afford to take it. I had kids, college loans, and a mortgage. You know, all that "personal responsibility" crap you are always spouting.

Extreme Rightists complain about unions, especially public sector unions, and then whine that we pay these people too much, even if they themselves belong to a union. They also whine that people who make $10-12 per hour need to just "work harder" and be more "motivated". Easy to say when you're getting close to $30 per hour with full benefits (they have little or none).

The Extreme Rightist leaders want to kill-off all unions and create right-to-work states where employers get all the profits. They depend on the fact that most of their followers are dummies who aren't smart enough to realize that they themselves are the targets of their leaders. Extreme Rightists usually don't figure any of this out until they lose their high-paying job and then have to go out and compete for a much lower paying job.

They can dish it out, but when someone comes back at them with some logic, they get all upset and go to the radio or TV and ask their media gods what they should do and what they should think. Hell, they even tell you what to say (talking points).

Extreme Rightists=Low IQ crybabies stuck in 1952.

av8torntn

Extreme Rightists=Low IQ crybabies stuck in 1952.

I see you've still got nothing but name calling. We've got on call pickups as well.

You post is a perfect example of the fallacy of being an extreme leftist. You whine and cry about wanting a union job because it is so great yet when given the opportunity you now claim you couldn't take it because it didn't pay enough. On the other side we have people working two and sometimes three jobs trying to build enough seniority to get the union job they seek. Those are the people that do what it takes to get what they want. We all know the path to take but some cannot cut it(like you) and UPS is probably better off for it. UPS isn't a job for everyone.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I see you've still got nothing but name calling. We've got on call pickups as well.

You post is a perfect example of the fallacy of being an extreme leftist. You whine and cry about wanting a union job because it is so great yet when given the opportunity you now claim you couldn't take it because it didn't pay enough. On the other side we have people working two and sometimes three jobs trying to build enough seniority to get the union job they seek. Those are the people that do what it takes to get what they want. We all know the path to take but some cannot cut it(like you) and UPS is probably better off for it. UPS isn't a job for everyone.

Blah, Blah, Blah. The UPS drivers in my area have mostly house calls, and few on-calls. I worked at a center where it was taking 8 or 9 years just to get into a package car at the time. How long did you work the night sort or pre-load before you got into package cars? Maybe you live in some rural area where it doesn't take that long. Like I said, my "personal responsibilities" outweighed any possibility of waiting that long. Maybe you lived at home until you were 32....everyone is different.

The "fallacy of Extreme Leftists" is that they disagree with you. If I said the Pope was Catholic, you'd disagree just for the sake of doing so, OR if O'Reilly or Hannity told you he was Jewish, which you'd undoubtedly believe and then spin as directed by your masters.

texan

Blah, Blah, Blah. The UPS drivers in my area have mostly house calls, and few on-calls. I worked at a center where it was taking 8 or 9 years just to get into a package car at the time. How long did you work the night sort or pre-load before you got into package cars? Maybe you live in some rural area where it doesn't take that long. Like I said, my "personal responsibilities" outweighed any possibility of waiting that long. Maybe you lived at home until you were 32....everyone is different.

The "fallacy of Extreme Leftists" is that they disagree with you. If I said the Pope was Catholic, you'd disagree just for the sake of doing so, OR if O'Reilly or Hannity told you he was Jewish, which you'd undoubtedly believe and then spin as directed by your masters.

Not me sir. Open Conservative, but the Pope is very Catholic.

O'Reilly and Hannity are not professed Jewish people.

Yet I share that I desire that the current President not win this year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Not me sir. Open Conservative, but the Pope is very Catholic.

O'Reilly and Hannity are not professed Jewish people.

Yet I share that I desire that the current President not win this year.

I don't have a problem with you because you actually think before you make a post. If FOX, Rush, Hannity or the others said something ridiculous, you'd have the courage to disagree. I can't say the same for some of your peers. You have my respect, sir.

upsgrunt

Whatever. It's clear that you don't understand the FedEx job, which is set-up quite differently from a UPS route which is primarily house calls. I might have 30 regulars (house calls) and another 35-40 on-call pickups, which are times set by the customer. If Joe Blow works at a company with a 1600 cutoff time, he can (and will) call in for a pickup at 1559, which could be all the way across town. I'm also working-in deliveries until 1500 or after if I'm running behind. You are clearly ignorant about the way my job works.

Wow, does this seem strangely familiar to a routine I've seen for the last 25 years- it's just that your numbers are on the very low side. We do the exact same thing, but in much bigger scale, hence the need for 4 or 5 of us to 1 of you.
"You just don't understand" is a pathetic response when most of us very much understand.
I'm trying hard to respect you and your views, but it is difficult when the respect is not returned.
Have a great day, sir.

Buddybrown

Once again, I'll repeat myself. Do you belong to a union Buddybrown? Your "free market" dream is supported by politicians (The Right) who want to kill unions and have you be like a FedEx Ground driver. How does $12 per hour with no OT and no benefits sound to you? That is their "vision" for the American worker, and you're clueless enough to support your oppressors. Your pension and benefits would go the way of the dodo, to whom you seem to be closely related.
Wow, you continue to amaze. You can repeat yourself as many times as it takes to make you feel good.....The taxpayer (left and right) gets jacked by the PUBLIC unions. You know it and I know it. Again the only clueless one is Obama and your blind support of a president who thinks he's Superman...LMAO!! I suppose you think you're superman too with you less than informed and repetitive Responses. Keep up the good work perhaps you can become a czar in the Administration of disgrace and failure. Peace!