Big Union

av8torntn

Re: The Mouth of HATE SPEECH says something even more ridiculous on the AIR!

I moved on. with FedEx Ground drivers who make about $12-14 per hour with no benefits at all.

My guess is this is why you are so bitter? IF you left a union job to work for a fedex ground contractor for 12-14 an hour you would also not be a very smart person. It's even more amazing that you feel qualified to say that someone is not very bright.

IF you are a fedex ground contractor you make more than 12 an hour unless you are horrible at your job.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

And you are fooling yourself if you think the Democrats are any different. Not a peep out of them on this when they had control of the House, the Senate, AND the White House.

On a side note, any way we can get you to stop the name-calling MrFedEx. It's darn near every post now.

If I use the word "ignorant", it isn't directed at anyone in particular. It means that someone isn't informed, not that they are "dumb", so it isn't name-calling. I really think that a lot of Republicans are ignorant of the way their party feels about labor.

I agree with you about the Democrats to the extent that they did nothing when they had control. Obama recently signed the FAA Act, which really screwed us over here ay FedEx. He's been a very weak President as far as workers are concerned.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

My guess is this is why you are so bitter? IF you left a union job to work for a fedex ground contractor for 12-14 an hour you would also not be a very smart person. It's even more amazing that you feel qualified to say that someone is not very bright.

IF you are a fedex ground contractor you make more than 12 an hour unless you are horrible at your job.

I work for FedEx Express, not Ground. Ground drivers typically make $12-14 per hour or have flat rate salaries of $550-$650 per week. No OT, no benefits. The ISP contractors do well.

I'm bitter because FedEx has conducted a huge series of takeaways over the years, stripping away everything that once made this a great job. The reason Mr Smith has been able to do this is because we have no union and no decent chance of ever getting one since Smith has his RLA exemption. If UPS didn't have a union, you'd be facing the same issues. FedEx is also an "at-will" employer, meaning they can fire you for any reason at any time. No grievance, no steward, no protection at all, even if you didn't do anything wrong.

Libertarians and Republicans rail away all the time about how bad unions are, especially public sector unions. They don't like any unions, and they'd love to bust yours. Do you understand this? You support a party that would like to put you down in the same category as a FedEx Ground driver, which I just don't get. No matter how hard you work, you're not going to get very far on that kind of money.

Do you really think your employer would pay you $28-plus per hour if they didn't have to or that they wouldn't also love to make UPS non-union?They've already tried by the way, when UPS tried (and failed) to get the same RLA classification as Fred S.

upsgrunt

Libertarians and Republicans rail away all the time about how bad unions are, especially public sector unions. They don't like any unions, and they'd love to bust yours. Do you understand this? You support a party that would like to put you down in the same category as a FedEx Ground driver, which I just don't get. No matter how hard you work, you're not going to get very far on that kind of money.

Do you really think your employer would pay you $28-plus per hour if they didn't have to or that they wouldn't also love to make UPS non-union?They've already tried by the way, when UPS tried (and failed) to get the same RLA classification as Fred S.

And you support a party that supposedly supports unions, but won't equalize the playing field between UPS and FedEx, even though they are essentially the same job.
Is one worse than the other?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

And you support a party that supposedly supports unions, but won't equalize the playing field between UPS and FedEx, even though they are essentially the same job.

LAME...

Dont know how many times this has to be explained, but I think ill stop at 100 and just accept you dont understand the concept.

Peace

TOS

bbsam

Staff member

Maybe, maybe not. The left of the democratic party would love to swing things back their way. There no longer exists a left of the republican party and the Olympia Snowe's of the congress are leaving or being pushed out.

av8torntn

I work for FedEx Express, not Ground. Ground drivers typically make $12-14 per hour or have flat rate salaries of $550-$650 per week.

Now you are talking about a group of people that do not work for fedex or fedex ground?

They don't like any unions, and they'd love to bust yours. Do you understand this?

That's false. Do you understand that?

The reason Mr Smith has been able to do this is because we have no union and no decent chance of ever getting one since Smith has his RLA exemption.

If the majority of employees at fedex wanted a union they would have one. The pilots found a way to organize. They wanted a union and they got one. They actually work for fedex unlike your example of the employees of fedex ground contractors.

My neighbor is a fedex ground contractor and he thinks you are full of it. He does very well. He only owns a handful of trucks. He loves what he does. He used to drive for a union company and when they went out of business he went to RPS which later became fedex. Over the years he has saved money to expand his business and employ additional drivers. His wife was able to quit her job. He paid to send three kids to college.

On the flip side there are many actual fedex drivers that I talk to that would love to be in a union. When I ask them if they have actually called the union hall to start the process the answer is always that they don't want it that bad. Life is sometimes difficult and to get what you want takes effort. They alway look at me and say it isn't fair that I make ten bucks an hour more than them. They always only have to drop a trailer in a door and hook up to a load and pull it. They always have people inside to load their trailers and scan their boxes while they sit in their trucks talking on the phone. I'm inside loading my trailer, acting as a customer service rep, and a salesman in the same amount of time that fedex has five or six people at an account. Cry me a river.

upsgrunt

LAME...

Dont know how many times this has to be explained, but I think ill stop at 100 and just accept you dont understand the concept.

Peace

TOS

Why is it nobody "understands" anything, but you?
Don't you find that amazing some times?
Have you ever admitted wrongdoing, ever?
Could someone with an opposing view ever be considered as intelligent as you?

I'm trying damn hard to be civil, but there are 2 posters on here that won't give me the respect that they think they deserve.
Don't like me because I'm a Christian; don't like me because I'm conservative, but be certain that no one will **** on me because they think they are superior to me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Now you are talking about a group of people that do not work for fedex or fedex ground?

That's false. Do you understand that?

If the majority of employees at fedex wanted a union they would have one. The pilots found a way to organize. They wanted a union and they got one. They actually work for fedex unlike your example of the employees of fedex ground contractors.

My neighbor is a fedex ground contractor and he thinks you are full of it. He does very well. He only owns a handful of trucks. He loves what he does. He used to drive for a union company and when they went out of business he went to RPS which later became fedex. Over the years he has saved money to expand his business and employ additional drivers. His wife was able to quit her job. He paid to send three kids to college.

On the flip side there are many actual fedex drivers that I talk to that would love to be in a union. When I ask them if they have actually called the union hall to start the process the answer is always that they don't want it that bad. Life is sometimes difficult and to get what you want takes effort. They alway look at me and say it isn't fair that I make ten bucks an hour more than them. They always only have to drop a trailer in a door and hook up to a load and pull it. They always have people inside to load their trailers and scan their boxes while they sit in their trucks talking on the phone. I'm inside loading my trailer, acting as a customer service rep, and a salesman in the same amount of time that fedex has five or six people at an account. Cry me a river.

The RLA is like an anti-union insurance policy. The pilots are a relatively small, well-educated group, and they were smart enough to do what needed to be done. The difference between and NLRA and RLA classification is huge, and makes unionization at FedEx almost impossible. The Teamsters aren't willing to do anything to support us, which is a big problem. The very mention of a union at FedEx is enough to get you targeted for termination. It's illegal, but it doesn't stop them.

I was talking about Ground drivers, not contractors (ISPs'). Of course your contractor buddy is happy. He's probably making a mint. The drivers are not. Ask them how they like it. When I drove RTD for FedEx I always went in and helped load, and so did the other drivers. Drop and hooks were very rare, and still are. When I was at UPS, it was drop and hook all night long from the rail yards, and then build a set and drop it at a center.

wkmac

Dear Mods,

Since you guys have set the precedence with others including myself in moving post and threads out from this forum and into other forums you deemed appropriate (your prerogative, I'm not questioning that) for reasons of an OT nature, I'd think you take AV's and MFE's UPS verses FDX side debate and move those posts to the appropriate discussion box.

JMO to everyone concerned!

over9five

Staff member

I'm trying damn hard to be civil, but there are 2 posters on here that won't give [-]me[/-] anyone the respect that they think they deserve.

Hmmm, who could those two be???

moreluck

golden ticket member

LAME...

Peace

TOS
Nobody understands. They are all lame and everything you spout is over their heads. Everybody except 2 or 3 people. Did you ever think it's you that had the thinking and reasoning problem ???

av8torntn

I was talking about Ground drivers, not contractors (ISPs'). Of course your contractor buddy is happy. He's probably making a mint. The drivers are not. Ask them how they like it. When I drove RTD for FedEx I always went in and helped load, and so did the other drivers. Drop and hooks were very rare, and still are. When I was at UPS, it was drop and hook all night long from the rail yards, and then build a set and drop it at a center.

OK I get it that you do not know much about what UPS does we already agreed on that.

Your argument now seems to be that the people that work for fedex do well but those that do not word for fedex do not do well so you want to unionize fedex so the people that do well will no longer do as well? You are a little difficult to follow.

av8torntn

Dear Mods,

Since you guys have set the precedence with others including myself in moving post and threads out from this forum and into other forums you deemed appropriate (your prerogative, I'm not questioning that) for reasons of an OT nature, I'd think you take AV's and MFE's UPS verses FDX side debate and move those posts to the appropriate discussion box.

JMO to everyone concerned!

I wondered when the mod hammer was going to drop myself.

I think it makes sense somehow if you follow his reasoning.

Rush=republican=libertarian=tea party=good jobs=hate speech=fedex=extreme leftists=mrfedex