"big_arrow_up" is no more.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've been debating on changing my username for a while now and finally did it. I was "big_arrow_up" since 2005. I really joined BC in 1999 but changed my usernames by re-registering (don't ask why because I don't even remember why I did it that way). Recently I had Cheryl attempt to merge my current account with my original one from 1999 but her database only went back to 2002. So, she merged the account with the 2002 account and after the last software upgrade I was able to type "Member Since 1999" under my avatar. I never really like "big_arrow_up" for several reason. Its cheesy and the underscores ( _ ) were annoying. So, I chose "Overpaid Union Thug." It's kid of an inside joke with me and my best friend and a guy I'm friends with at UPS. Should I keep the avatar or has it become kind of a signature or trademark? Or maybe the trademark has been lost with the name change. Any thoughts/sugestions on this?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I like the avatar, I have always wondered who it is. A little change is good once in a while, I sometimes think about changing my avatar too. I originally joined as "scratch_king", since "scratch" was already taken. It was a dead account in that it wasn't used in a long time, so I was able to get it.

I love fear and loathing in Las Vegas so keep the avatar. On the name change I think you are reading to much into it. You are who you are and that's you. Keep plugging away at life you are blessed.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Well, I'm stuck with the name change. Apparently we only get one username change and this was it. LOL! I guess I'll keep the avatar.
Only 1 self initiated name change. There are other options. If a member wants to change their username they can contact me and as long as the username they want is available as the admin I can change it for them.

Overpaid Union Thug

Only 1 self initiated name change. There are other options. If a member wants to change their username they can contact me and as long as the username they want is available as the admin I can change it for them.

Yeah I figured that but I don't foresee a need to. If I endured the last one for that long I don't think I'll want to make a change for a very long time. If at all.

Z

ZQXC

Have considered changing mine also; ZQXC may be somewhat difficult to pronounce. But, actually the Z is silent which makes it much easier.

Perhaps I could become " The member formerly known as ZQXC "

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
hr-benefits.jpg

upschuck

Not that I want to, but all I see is that I don't have permission to view information. Is there a time period that you have to keep your username before changing it?

oldngray

nowhere special
I've been debating on changing my username for a while now and finally did it. I was "big_arrow_up" since 2005. I really joined BC in 1999 but changed my usernames by re-registering (don't ask why because I don't even remember why I did it that way). Recently I had Cheryl attempt to merge my current account with my original one from 1999 but her database only went back to 2002. So, she merged the account with the 2002 account and after the last software upgrade I was able to type "Member Since 1999" under my avatar. I never really like "big_arrow_up" for several reason. Its cheesy and the underscores ( _ ) were annoying. So, I chose "Overpaid Union Thug." It's kid of an inside joke with me and my best friend and a guy I'm friends with at UPS. Should I keep the avatar or has it become kind of a signature or trademark? Or maybe the trademark has been lost with the name change. Any thoughts/sugestions on this?

I really hate underscores so approve of the name change.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I like the avatar, I have always wondered who it is. A little change is good once in a while, I sometimes think about changing my avatar too. I originally joined as "scratch_king", since "scratch" was already taken. It was a dead account in that it wasn't used in a long time, so I was able to get it.
If I'm not mistaken, it's Johnny Depp as Hunter S Thompson from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"