Biggest scam is on all UPS hourly employees

30andout

There's no reason to be a hater. I imagine this paranoia about others screwing you is a big reason you are only doing half as much as you could be doing for yourself. Its never to late to start. :wink:
Don't know how you figure I am only going half as much as I could, I live rather well and just about all is paid for, with a good 401k.:tongue_smI just don't like your attitude some times.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
So you expect me to be happy when the APWA announces they had to negotiate a lower pay rate for me in order to get the pension contributions they promised? I see no reason to risk that. Pensions are abolished all over the world, a pension cut is not a big deal if your smart about it.
Hey Brett you may not of been around but the teamsters negotiated a paycut for the partimmers a couple of wonderful contracts ago !!!!!!!!! $8 - $8.50 ? Allied car haulers 15% paycut. You think ? Of course not !!!!! Who abolished the teamsters management pensions ? They didn`t cause double dipping and triple dipping for them is ok !!!!!

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
So you expect me to be happy when the APWA announces they had to negotiate a lower pay rate for me in order to get the pension contributions they promised? I see no reason to risk that. Pensions are abolished all over the world, a pension cut is not a big deal if your smart about it.
Hey Brett you may not of been around but the teamsters negotiated a paycut for the partimmers a couple of wonderful contracts ago !!!!!!!!! $8 - $8.50 ? Allied car haulers 15% paycut. You think ? Of course not !!!!!

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Don't know how you figure I am only going half as much as I could, I live rather well and just about all is paid for, with a good 401k.:tongue_smI just don't like your attitude some times.
Hey 30andout its all about Brett didn`t you gather that by now. "The world according to Brett"
You must be blind if you don`t see it his way ? :lol: Ok everybody lets get around the campfire and sing cumb by ya with Brett :tongue_sm Hey 30andout i`m similar to you in financial but not as much in years. I think its time for a more streamlined organization like many a person on this forum and outside too.
Pilots seem very happy with their tranition to a pilots only union and the rewards are proof of it even if Brett says so !
The miami police did the same thing and arn`t looking back either. Their pension had outperformed far more their expectations. They arn`t paying gobs of money to manage it either. We have end up being someone elses cash cow all these years now its time to fix the wrong. It can be done if partimers and fulltimers come together on the same page. Brett is probably not a bad guy just a little twisted in regards to going along with status quo or stepping up to get everyone on the same page as a team.

Bill

Single employer pension funds aren't exactly the picture of health either. Ask the employees of Delta, United, Northwest, Dephi, IBM....etc.

And there are more people to blame for the state of Central States than just the IBT.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the consent decree the IBT is under prohibit them from having control of the funds investment strategy?
You mention companies that controlled the pension and misused it for corporate gain at the expense of the employees. The Teamsters are a multipension plan that is simply failing. Under the APWA, the single pension plan will be controlled by a union(APWA) and not UPS. UPS will continue to contribute into the fund, but the difference between the Teamsters and the APWA is that the APWA will have access to 100% of the money going to UPS people, as opposed to 40% under the Teamsters. What don't you understand?
Single pension plans are risky if a company has many liabilities, as many airlines do. UPS has a history of solid financial strength. UPS is constantly in the top fortune 500 companies. Very little risk involved with UPS going out of business or declaring bankruptcy, thus the pension money would continue to contributed by UPS annually. In a single pension plan, we all stand to gain considerably.

Bill

Lifestyle choices have everything to do with your savings and retirement. Making excuses as to why you can't do it doesn't help anyone's situation, although it is easier than actually having to do something. Just to let you know I am single, but I live in a house that is in my name, with a mortgage I qualified for when I was still part-time. It was a fixxer upper of sorts, but when I have it re-appraised this summer I'm anticipating it worth over 100k although I did not pay that much for it. Nobody gave me a dime toward anything I've done with this house nor has anybody co-signed for me to get financed for it. I drive a car I paid $800 for and I have very little credit card debt. I have been steadily increasing my 401k contributions since I went fulltime, and 10% of my income is already going into personal savings. Its not rocket science, just common sense. When retirement nears I won't be fretting over it like the complainers on this site will.
Once again, you are missing the point. It doesn't matter if I have $1 or $1,000,000. I still want my pension money without any restrictions or penalties. After working for UPS over 30 years, I should receive my full pension, no questions asked.

Bill

I would like to see the checks UPS sends to the APWA's hidden account in Switzerland for the sole purpose of eliminating the Teamsters. Soon after the APWA takes over it is felled by some unexplained financial problems and we are suddenly without a union. Wow, how did this happen, Tom Coleman?
YOU are making accusations without proof. If you or anyone else can show me proof that payments are being made to the APWA by UPS, I will denounce all my writing endorsing the APWA. To alleviate the fears that many of you have about being without a union, that is not the goal of the APWA. I have called the NLRB for information. I was told that if we vote the Teamsters out, we will be without a union for a year before we are allowed to start a new union. However, if we were to vote to replace the Teamsters with another union (APWA), the winning union would start immediately. We are not trying to go union free. We are attempting to replace the Teamsters with the APWA. Most of you out there don't even bother to research information, but rather believe the Teamster propaganda or someone else on this site. I am not asking you to believe me either, but just do some research and you will find all your answers.

Bill

Once again, you speak before you think. Who ever mentioned that anyone is negotiating a lower pay scale?

brett636

Once again, you speak before you think. Who ever mentioned that anyone is negotiating a lower pay scale?

When all the APWA has to run on is the pension platform, and nothing else is mentioned about other aspects of our jobs (health,dental,vision insurance; vacations;pay rates) its makes me wonder how much thought(or lack there of) they have put into these other issues. I don't work for a pension, I work for a paycheck.

Be careful 79 brett will put you on his ignore list so he doesn't have to listen to you.:lol:

Although you are still on my prestigous ignore list I can't help myself but read your little one liners you like to post. Its amusing how many posts of yours aren't much longer than one sentence. Running out of things to say against a young whipper snapper such as myself? :)

30andout

Like I said before brett, if you would take enough time to check things out all of these issues are covered at their meetings. But we all know brett is so smart he doesn't need to listen to anyone at any silly old meeting he knows it all.

crashtester

Sorry i have not been following this, but i am reading a lot of things that are not sitting well with me... can someone bring me up to speed on what the benefits of what the APWA is bringing to the table? And why does it seem that "brett" do not want to agree? :bored:

mittam

When all the APWA has to run on is the pension platform, and nothing else is mentioned about other aspects of our jobs (health,dental,vision insurance; vacations;pay rates) its makes me wonder how much thought(or lack there of) they have put into these other issues. I don't work for a pension, I work for a paycheck.

Although you are still on my prestigous ignore list I can't help myself but read your little one liners you like to post. Its amusing how many posts of yours aren't much longer than one sentence. Running out of things to say against a young whipper snapper such as myself? :)

Yes they do ahve a lan for all other aspects of our careers at UPS including pay scales especially for the part-timers and our heath and well fare will be greater under the APWA

brett636

Yes they do ahve a lan for all other aspects of our careers at UPS including pay scales especially for the part-timers and our heath and well fare will be greater under the APWA

Well if a babbling fool such as yourself says this than it must be true! Lets hear it, what is their plan?

To Engineer 79
"UPS contributes $214 per week per employee into the pension fund". Where this number came from? For P/T loader, working 17.5 h/week? I make less a week on my pay check....

govols019

You smell that?
Single pension plans are risky if a company has many liabilities, as many airlines do. UPS has a history of solid financial strength. UPS is constantly in the top fortune 500 companies. Very little risk involved with UPS going out of business or declaring bankruptcy

You mean like GM and Ford were at one time? I can't see into the future and putting all my eggs in one basket bothers me.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So when the APWA takes over, where do we go for monthly meetings, how many BA's will be hired and where will they be located, where will the labor day picnic be, how much will be spent to lobby congress and pass pro worker legislation, and most important, will we have an APWA state bowling tournament? A new union requires alot of infastructure, not just talk.

3brownstars

So when the APWA takes over, where do we go for monthly meetings, how many BA's will be hired and where will they be located, where will the labor day picnic be, how much will be spent to lobby congress and pass pro worker legislation, and most important, will we have an APWA state bowling tournament? A new union requires alot of infastructure, not just talk.

Picnics and bowling tuurnaments! LOL

We are trying to discuss our future and the future of our families, and you bring picnics and bowling tournaments to the table.

30andout

Sorry brett, I guess I should apologize for not being as long winded as some who post here.