Biohazard Banishment

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I once wrote a package car up for having bottles of urine in the cargo area. They were gone the next day.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I used to have a loader who hawkered all over the floor of my brand new package car. Hes in jail, not for this but shoulda been. Mgmt did nothing.

Dallas1

I dip at work but I bring a bottle with me every day to spit in. At the end of the night, I throw the bottle in a trash can. I still see hourlies and supervisors just spitting on the ground for no reason. It is gross. I at least keep my spit in bottle and make sure to throw it away every night.

UPSSOCKS

Technically you could isolate an area if you saw spit on the floor and have a responder come clean it up. You start calling responders every time you see spit on the floor and the problem will corrected by management very quickly.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
It is about time UPS took this seriously. We had a preloader who always spit on the floor, it was so disgusting and when I complained it WAS addressed at a PCM along with the bottles of urine, unfortunately nothing changed and I was laughed at by some of the guys.

UPSSOCKS

It is about time UPS took this seriously. We had a preloader who always spit on the floor, it was so disgusting and when I complained it WAS addressed at a PCM along with the bottles of urine, unfortunately nothing changed and I was laughed at by some of the guys.

It's not often I agree with anyone, but you are right. I have never chewed snuff so I don't see the excitement but it's everywhere. I don't know if this is true but I heard that OSHA can shut you down for employees being exposed to each others saliva. When I had supervisors, I would take their tobacco in our pre sort meeting and make them keep it in my office. Now I had a kid once that used to have a can like shoe polish but it had a powder inside it that he would sniff. It was German made and he called it sniffing snuff. I was ok with that.

trickpony1

Part time supes as well as hourly spit on the floor in the hub.
I think it's a rite of passge into manhood. A comparision could be drawn between spitting on the floor and dogs marking their territory. It's a macho thing.
Bonus macho points are awarded if you grab/fondle your crotch while spitting.

Channahon

If you don't do it at home, and if you do, would your mom, wife or girlfriend clean up after you? Then have some self respect and not do it at work or home. Why should someone have to clean up your bodily fluids?

Hubrat98

Our manager dips and spits everywhere. More often than not if I see someone spitting on the floor in the hub it's him. Leading by example? There's nothing worse than picking up a package and placing your hand right on a giant loogie. You can immediately tell it's spit because of the viscosity.

rod

Retired 22 years
Our manager dips and spits everywhere. More often than not if I see someone spitting on the floor in the hub it's him. Leading by example? There's nothing worse than picking up a package and placing your hand right on a giant loogie. You can immediately tell it's spit because of the viscosity.

I would drop a dime on him in a heartbeat

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hubrat should probably go to the ER and be checked out having come in contact with a hazardous material.

Technically you are right, Over. Part of 1st reponder training in knowing how to deal with bio-hazards. I had a pre-load cleark refuse to touch a pkg that was leaking blood. It was deer meat that had thawed but she called a 1st responder, me.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Won't ever happen at my center. Both the center manager and preload supe chew, so that rule isn't coming to our center........

Don't be surprised if it does. I remember several of us smoking cigs while we loaded our pc's many years ago, then came the rule that UPS was going smokeless in the building. That was the end. Now you can't even smoke in the cab, which is probably smart, not sure why nothing blew up in all the previous flammable loads. This make take a while to make the rounds, but I'm sure it's here to stay.