Bird Man here

Jfdelman

So I'm a carrier for usps and have been thinking about switching to ups for awhile now, and if I had I could already have five years towards making driver...smh. Anyways, when I start as a loader can I transfer and keep my "seniority" to jump over other loaders? Just curious because in tulare county it's like a 10 year wait unless strange things happen while you wait, and I would want to transfer to a larger city with higher turnover.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nope. Usually the larger cities have longer waits than more rural areas. How long do u have with USPS? How old are you. Why do want to jump?

Staying may be your best option.

Jfdelman

I'm 29. Been with post office as a carrier assistant for three years. They just cut our rate from 22.5 to 15 an hour. Starting wage when I become regular and the tiered system has changed, start at 16 takes about 8 years to get back to 22. Your retirement is better, vacation is better, weekends off is better, pay and pay cap is better. Ups isn't a broke company. And I like the brown uniforms more. Even if I have to wait 10 years to get on as a driver I will make more money with ups than 30 years carrying for usps.

Jfdelman

I honestly do prefer the brown uniforms over our blue, these things show dirt and it won't come out. If and when we get an allowance it takes two days to stain and week to look like you don't ever wash your uniform.

Jfdelman

Once my wife gets her job I think I'm jumping ship. I'll put in the years and hope for the best. If I get driver by 40 and put in 20 years it will be better than being reg by 35 and working 30 years with usps.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm 29. Been with post office as a carrier assistant for three years. They just cut our rate from 22.5 to 15 an hour. Starting wage when I become regular and the tiered system has changed, start at 16 takes about 8 years to get back to 22. Your retirement is better, vacation is better, weekends off is better, pay and pay cap is better. Ups isn't a broke company. And I like the brown uniforms more. Even if I have to wait 10 years to get on as a driver I will make more money with ups than 30 years carrying for usps.

I hope every UPS employee reads this post next contract year when they bitch their co-pay went up $2