Birth Control

oldngray

nowhere special
gmc12045720140703091700.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
As you celebrate this stupid decision by the supreme court as a religious christian victory, you both continue to buy products from CHINA which promotes and in some cases forces abortions. Further, China prevents its citizens from having more children than the government wants them to have.

article-0-0688439E000005DC-8_468x306.jpg

So, you would prefer hobby lobby spend MILLIONS of dollars to buy its products from China who's whole concept is to force abortions and penalties on families but rather, celebrate a cheap victory here in the states where they refuse to have their insurance pay for certain birth control methods.

I just wonder if the owners of a business were muslims, would you be ok with them forcing their religious beliefs on their employees when it came to their health.

Or what about a jehovahs witness employer refusing to allow an employee a blood transfusion in a serious accident?

china1.jpg

Health-Reform-and-Abortion.jpg

TOS.

island1fox

Off course the Liberals miss the fact ---Women are free to buy their own contraceptives.

If the women working for Hobby Lobby cannot be "satisfied" with 16 contraceptive products PAID for by their employer ---maybe they should find a new "Hobby"

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Off course the Liberals miss the fact ---Women are free to buy their own contraceptives.

If the women working for Hobby Lobby cannot be "satisfied" with 16 contraceptive products PAID for by their employer ---maybe they should find a new "Hobby"

Maybe as a male, you should worry about your OWN genitalia, rather than worry about what a woman does with hers.

TOS.

wkmac

As far as it went, the Supreme Court generally got it right in the Hobby Lobby-Obamacare-contraception case. Unfortunately it didn’t go nearly far enough.

The court ruled that “closely held corporations” whose owners have religious convictions against contraceptives cannot be forced to pay for employee coverage for those products.

I wish the court could have said this instead: (1) No one has a natural right to force other people to pay for her (or his) contraception or anything else (with or without the government’s help), and by logical extension, (2) everyone has a right to refuse to pay if asked.

For people about to celebrate the Fourth of July, these principles ought to be, well, self-evident.

A group of politicians cannot legitimately have the power to compel one group of people—employers, taxpayers, or insurers—to pay for things that another group wants. That’s immoral, and it violates inalienable rights. Moreover, when government has the power to issue such commands—always backed by force, let us never forget—it sets off a mad interest-group scramble for control of the government machinery—because control is a license to steal. Is it any wonder that people are willing to spend billions of dollars to influence who makes government policy? If people face the alternative of controlling the government or being controlled by it, those who have resources will buy power and influence, even if only in self-defense.

Hobby Lobby Ruling Falls Short

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Isn't it going to cost the company more $$ in the long run if I get pregnant and put that child on my health insurance plan...vs a couple hundred a year for birth control pills?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Isn't it going to cost the company more $$ in the long run if I get pregnant and put that child on my health insurance plan...vs a couple hundred a year for birth control pills?

Math escapes the religious right, unless of course, they are spending their money on products from a country that uses government to control reproductive births or pays for abortions.

Its ok when tens of millions of dollars is spent on another country who forces abortions, but not ok to spend a few thousand of birth control in our own country.

Thats the mindset of the maroon.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Like t
Way back when I was having kids (baby is 42 now) UPS didn't pay for birth control pills, but they'd pay for the entre having a baby thing.....it never made any sense to me
when it's way cheaper to just pay for some pills.