Black Friday Bid list

browntroll

just read my contract. i get paid for black friday but since im working during a holiday i get paid at time and a half.
i guess ups wants to give us more money.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Central is triple for 1st 8, double after that
Why would pay go down after 8? Holiday pay plus double here. No sign up sheets. They fly by the seat of their pants here. They think people will just go home, if not needed. Im sure some will. Nope you ruined my day, pay me dearly.

Indecisi0n

Why would pay go down after 8? Holiday pay plus double here. No sign up sheets. They fly by the seat of their pants here. They think people will just go home, if not needed. Im sure some will. Nope you ruined my day, pay me dearly.
They did the same with the snow. Make everyone come in the decided not to go out. Half the people left and the rest (including me) said "nope". We all got a free 8 hrs and sent home.

oldngray

nowhere special
They did the same with the snow. Make everyone come in the decided not to go out. Half the people left and the rest (including me) said "nope". We all got a free 8 hrs and sent home.

They did that in my center one year. Made everyone come in when they only needed about 1/3. After people got to work they tried to say they didn't need you. Sorry, but I'm here. Pay me.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I think he is including the 8 hours of holiday pay in his "triple for 1st".
Toon, Dave is right. I was including the 8hr holiday as part of the equation.

J

jibbs

I've been told that Black Friday's a regular workday this year.

:censored2: if I know, though, I was just reminded the other day that I'm on vacation next week so you guys make sure to let me know how things went. I already got paid for it thanks to the whole vacation-pay-weeks-in-advance thing.:biggrin:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
$70/hour plus the holiday pay...? Must not be in my contract...someone post a picture of your check please.
Black Friday in my local will be paid like Election Day was....holiday pay plus double time for hours worked.
Screenshot_2014-11-18-10-24-14.png

Anthonysg0113

I will be working black friday. Our region it's double time plus holiday pay. I'm with jumpman23, I'd rather make bank that day and possibly get a day off after Christmas!

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Our center hasn't even PCM'd us that its a regular working day. If it wasn't for Brown Cafe I would still think I have a four-day weekend.

UPSGUY72

I'm not sure. I was told it was a regular work day on top of the paid holiday. Maybe their expecting light volume or something.

A lot of business will be closed along with schools and delivering to any retail business is going to be a cluster especially malls were you make all your deliver inside the mall and not the back door.
However is I'm working and I'm getting my 8 hours whether it's hrs worked or guaranteed it's called easy money.

jaker

trolling
Wow and wonder why ups had no problem pushing this day

There are so many greedy drivers that no matter what ups does you will be there , as for me family comes first and I don't care how much money I miss that day

joesmith

Black Friday is Politically Incorrect if you want to crack up your customers
ask them if they are open on African American Friday... Hehe