Black Friday pay?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DoctorMario, Nov 24, 2014.

1. DoctorMario

DoctorMario Member

Im a part timer and I wondering how are we paid on Friday? Since we're working a holiday is it double time ? Last Labor I worked I got double time plus 4 hrs holiday pay. I just here ppl say Friday is a regular work day so I dont if it still counts as a holiday. Thx in advance.

CHALLY9TX Active Member

You'll get holiday pay. Depending on your supplement you'll get time and a half or double time for hours worked that day.
  3. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Black Friday is still a holiday in the contract/supplement. If you work that day it's probably double time plus your part time gaurantee.
  4. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

UPS people have the hardest jobs in the world. The company recognizes this and how unfair it is that a UPS person should have to work on the day after Thanksgiving. In light of this, the company will give everyone 8 hours pay just for showing up. Then they will give you three times your hourly rate to keep you interested in staying the entire shift. If you go over eight hours you will need a scientific calculator to figure out the pay because they are going to be very generous with overtime. On top of all this, everyone gets holiday pay. I hope this is helpful.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Dr Greg

Dr Greg New Member

So what about seasonal part timers. What are they going to be paid on Black Friday?
  6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Could we have more threads about this topic??? Seriously.
    Seasonal PTers are paid their regular pay rate for Black Friday.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

We work for free that day. It's all about giving back.
  8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

They get paid in jelly beans that day. At least according central supplement I belive

Sent using BrownCafe App
  9. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

Here, there's a pretty good chance even seasonal PTers will get double time that day. I'm 100% positive all seniority PTers get double time, even if they don't yet qualify for the holiday pay.
  10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Found out tonight at least the Twi sort is going to guarantee 4 hours of work Friday. Expecting a lot of call ins. $400 for working a Friday evening.
  11. bleedinbrown58

Black Friday will be an 8 hour day here on the preload.
  12. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Really? Holy hell. We're supposed to be light and half my businesses and pick ups are closed.
  13. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

We are all planning on asking Management if they are getting any OT for Black Friday
  14. Newport2

Newport2 Member

I work Sunday thru Thursday. We usually have wed-thu off. This year we are working on wed. How are we getting paid???
  15. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Drinking the brown Kool-Aid are we?
  16. bleedinbrown58

Let's see... is Wednesday a holiday? Nope.
  17. You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail Active Member

I guess we'll get paid on Friday then. Or wait til Monday.
  18. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I plan on getting paid with beer...Damn good beer.
  19. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

download (2).jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I would think payday will be Wednesday. If you have to go to the hub to get your check, that's another subject.