Black Friday pay?

By The Book

Yes, I filled out a entry paperwork for the union, and They take $30/week of my paycheck.
I know that all new hires have to pay dues/ initiation fees. You are being hired in the seasonal period which could last to mid January. You will be paid seasonal rates which are low but hopefully you will get lots of hours..... Ask for as many as you can to offset the fees and dues. Do a good job so they will call you back when a position opens up. No, you won't make what our seniority people make but we all went thru this. Hope this helps.

Newport2

If I'm getting holiday pay and double time...it's still a working holiday. Very similar to Election Day. Enjoy your straight time pay today!

FAIL TROLL!!!
NOPE! Our Wed pay will be just like yours plus extra work Fri $ Sat. 6th & 7th day pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

By The Book

I think I asked you in an earlier post how you were paid last year. If you do work Friday it's a paid holiday, that if worked you receive time and a half or double time for hours worked.

Rawrzxor

UPS people have the hardest jobs in the world. The company recognizes this and how unfair it is that a UPS person should have to work on the day after Thanksgiving. In light of this, the company will give everyone 8 hours pay just for showing up. Then they will give you three times your hourly rate to keep you interested in staying the entire shift. If you go over eight hours you will need a scientific calculator to figure out the pay because they are going to be very generous with overtime. On top of all this, everyone gets holiday pay. I hope this is helpful.

You're BSing. Unless that's for drivers or PTers who've worked for UPS for 10 years or something. Because all I heard was double time then 1.5 if you stay over 5 hours. So, 3.5 times normal pay *if* you stay over 5 hours.

I worked this past memorial day, and I ended up getting 6 hours. 5 hours was double and 1 hour was 1.5X that 2X: so 3.5X. In my first year, I'll make a max of probably 100, 120 for Friday.

Do they pay the same holiday pay for Christmas or Christmas Eve? It seems like it would be more. Double isn't exactly worth working Christmas, for a first year PT, anyway.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
All P/t remember that after 5hrs your rate is at 1.5 times unless you go over 8hrs , then it becomes 1.5 times after 8 .
So remember to leave by 7hrs & 55 mins to reap the most pay .

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
Im a part timer and I wondering how are we paid on Friday? Since we're working a holiday is it double time ? Last Labor I worked I got double time plus 4 hrs holiday pay. I just here ppl say Friday is a regular work day so I dont if it still counts as a holiday. Thx in advance.

Central region and Michigan Supplement states that if we're required to work on a holiday it's double time plus the guaranteed 4 hours for PT and 8 hours for FT. The double time premium pay rate is only applicable for employees who have attained seniority. The 4/8 hour mins do not apply for seasonal employees or employees with less than 1 year employment with UPS.

At least, that's for our local contract.

rlbryce36

UPS people have the hardest jobs in the world. The company recognizes this and how unfair it is that a UPS person should have to work on the day after Thanksgiving. In light of this, the company will give everyone 8 hours pay just for showing up. Then they will give you three times your hourly rate to keep you interested in staying the entire shift. If you go over eight hours you will need a scientific calculator to figure out the pay because they are going to be very generous with overtime. On top of all this, everyone gets holiday pay. I hope this is helpful.
Not going to happen .. you get Holiday pay. plus the days pay you work. any thing over 8 hours is double the over time rate. and that's it. This company would never pay triple or just give money they are to dam cheap......................................

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hell hath no fury like BB58 called a troll.
Lol...troll??
2014-11-27-08-50-18--545437824.jpeg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
FAIL TROLL!!!
NOPE! Our Wed pay will be just like yours plus extra work Fri $ Sat. 6th & 7th day pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Hope when you open your check next week you're not quite as disappointed as that drunk chick who opened your fly last night. Happy Thanksgiving, Turkey!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
All P/t remember that after 5hrs your rate is at 1.5 times unless you go over 8hrs , then it becomes 1.5 times after 8 .
So remember to leave by 7hrs & 55 mins to reap the most pay .
Not necesarily true Baba. As long as I'm not scheduled for an 8hr shift..or double shifting....if my start time is 12am and I work till 915....that's 5hours ST and 4.25 OT...with no lunch break. Every peak has been like this since I've been here.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Not necesarily true Baba. As long as I'm not scheduled for an 8hr shift..or double shifting....if my start time is 12am and I work till 915....that's 5hours ST and 4.25 OT...with no lunch break. Every peak has been like this since I've been here.
I'll be making double time tomorrow.....while sitting on the couch....