Black Friday

HxC MADxMAN

You're not my supervisor
I wouldn't risk it, especially so early in the season. That's not going to leave a good impression. What are you doing that would cause you to miss work that day? I'm a seasonal driver, and I got told I still needed to show up, even though I got called to jury duty one morning. Luckily the jury trial got cancelled, but you see my point?

browner89

Why wouldn't you be able to work that day? Is your family one of the dumb ones who go into that mess? Worst shopping day in the history of the world. I feel sorry for those who think it's worth it.

Take the double/overtime pay and be happy, it'll make up for any money you may have potentially saved in that :censored2:-storm.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I justgot hired as a seasonal driver helper and I might not be able to work the day after Thanksgiving, is it alright if I just miss that one day?

Think about it this way. You have been hired for a very short period of time. The only reason you are working is because this is the busiest 6 weeks of the year for ups. You knew all of this upfront, but you want to be off on Black Friday.

There are no days off for helpers. You should work every day, or just quit now. Show up, shut up, keep up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I justgot hired as a seasonal driver helper and I might not be able to work the day after Thanksgiving, is it alright if I just miss that one day?

Depending upon the volume and number of routes dispatched you may or may not be needed so it may or may not be a moot point; that being said, you knew the deal when you signed up.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
At 10 bucks a hour for a seasonal job that lasts 4-6 weeks with no real set time schedule, no idea where you'll have to meet a driver (3 zip codes over) I wouldn't have shown up to the interview.

EasyTrucker

Our feeder dept has a "who wants off list" up for Black Friday. Over 30 guys have signed it, and last year they only let 2 guys off......LOL
Hope these guys are ready to work Black Friday!

Chnandler Bong

Our center has been instructed that no helpers will be used that day.
We'll be making double time for all hours worked (plus the 8 hours of holiday pay). I'll work the max allowed...but it seems like it would make more sense to utilize helpers and minimize the hours for the employees making $68 an hour?