"BLack Thursdays"

M

moreluck

OR "a sin to mate" because the result might be a saintteamo!!!

Don't you just love scrambled words?

L

lcarroll

You guys are right.

Having spent more time pouring over various threads on this board it's become apparent that SaintTeamo is so wrapped up in her own doctrine that she is oblivious to anything else. How she managed to get "AT leasst you do seem to acknowlege that UPS pt's deserve better wages" from my post when my point was the exact opposite is beyond me.

She continues to chant about how UPS is a cult whose management is brainwashed, yet it is she herself who is trapped in her own dogma ---

PART TIME POVERTY
ECONOMIC HOLOCAUST
PART TIME POVERTY
ECONOMIC HOLOCAUST

Oh, and to UPSDawg - Thanks for the compliments, but Mr. Carroll was my father. My name is Lance.

I guess I forgot that some people seem to choose to exist only to make everyone else as miserable as they are. Some of the people on this board fall into that catagory, such as that "dood" in the Happy Birthday UPS thread that turned the authors intent of creating a positive, celebratory thread into yet another angst filled diatribe.

I feel sorry for them.

-Lance (Partying like it's 1999 )

S

saintteamo

icarrol aka lance,

I reread your first post and yes you are right I misread the first time that you actually dont feel your pt are underpaid. The pre 1982 hires that make $14,50 per hr more feel that they earn every penny for the back breaking work they perform at ups compared to the average American pt job. Why doesnt ups advertize to thier new hires that they are being paid $14.50 less than the full and fair rate paid to pre 82 hires despite consistant huge profitrs, near monopoly status, great economy of scale advantage over small competitors etc? Is it because the new hire no matter how young ,inexperienced etc would feel they are being exploited? ARe you a wannabe a full time mgr suck up or what one employee newsletter in Conneticut once described as member of ups Nazi youth? Maybe you should earn more brownie points by writing a for mgmt only book entitled "MEIN CAAMPANY" ARE you glad ups reduced the wages in 1982 ,so you as a pt supervisor make what you do now rather than more than $ 2000 per month? Do you think new hires would prefer the tuiton benifits or $14.50 more per hr if given the choice.?Do you agree that compared to MCDonalds ,fed ex or most any other American pt job that ups workers perform 8 to 12 hrs reasonable work in less than 4 hrs time? IF yes . then shouldnt they be paid accordingly like they used to be? When I worked pt for 8 years it was a great deal . I benifited by being able to pay tuition, buy books, pay a share rental ,buy food and clothing , and affiord a car and insurance by just working at ups. This benifited socitey as well. Can the new improved ups wages and tuition deal provide the same? IS ups better or worse for workers and society? get a clue young man !!ONce again do you like that the new ups pays you as a pt supervisor what you get now rather than over $2000 per month ? If an obvious no ,then do you agree that no sane part timer would prefer todays deal compared to the pre 82 hires deal?

T

thedrooler

Cheryl

Any chance you could install an "ignore" setting?

Drooler

S

saintteamo

icarrol aka lance

cant move on till justice is served. just like a detective trying to solve a twenty year old murder.when enogh workers and the public speak ouy against pt exploitation through th e bumper sticker campaign and wearing black to work on Thursdays then both the IBT and ups will be forced to give at least partiaL JUSTICE, iT WILL TAKE SEVERAL YEARS AND A LOT OF EFFORT BY A LOT OF CONCERNED DECENT PEOPLE AROUND THE COUNTRY ,BUT IT CAN BE DONE.

D

dammor

Saintteamo,

Good grief girl. You think you're the only one that has ever worked part time? Your profile says disabled. Is that why you are so angry? I've been hurt more than once at this job also.
I've also had cancer treatments and the Big Ole Bad Brown you seem to despise so much took care of me. Your attitude is hurting you more than anything UPS could ever do to you. Think about it...

C

cheryl

drooler,

I had to consult people with a lot more computer skills than I have to see if an ignore button is possible on this type of board. This is what I found out:

A feature like this isn't possible because each discussion page is a static HTML file. That makes it impossible to filter a page based on another reader's dynamic "ignore" settings.

I'm going to keep asking around but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

Sorry...

P

proups

saintteamo....in your original post on this thread you asked all of us to spread the word about Black Thursdays. Thanks for the heads-up. I WILL tell all of the part-timers that I can to steer clear of you and anyone that supports your efforts.

No, the PT starting wage has not increased over the last 20 years, but think about it. Turnover was bad then and it is still bad. Why pay someone a high wage just for them to leave within a few days/weeks/months? UPS does give pay raises to the PTers that stay long term, and eventually a chance to move up in the company.

I will end this by telling you that since you are retired, please find another avenue to vent your anger. Since you are disabled, you might use your computer skills to help find Osama Bin Laden. Now there is someone that really has abused our fellow Americans!

S

saintteamo

You are incorrect. The turnover was ver little priore to 82. At that time in a large hub it took over two yesars of loading to gain enough seniority from turnover to progreeesss to the sort isle. Nowe wqiththe low pay ,its as little as trhee months.But I do agree wityh one thing you imply but dont state.THat is that it is a choivcce by ups not to pay fair wages rather than aneed to survive. The two years prorto ups reducing the pt wage by $4,50 per hr thier profits were up 400%.

S

smf0605

sainteamo .... you might think about abstaining from alcohol/drugs for a bit before you try typing.

T

tieguy

Your very wrong once again Kim, the turnover was just as great before 82. i was there and I lived it.Do you ever post the truth?

P

proups

tieguy.....I was PT in 1982 and you are right. I didn't know how long a "new hire" would last. The work was hard, they required us to load faster back then because we didn't have over 70s, scanners, etc....and people walked out on a regular basis.

By the way, management was much less forgiving for just about everything back then - attendance, misloads, poor loads, etc...with the PT group. These kids today get away with everything that would have got me fired back in the eighties.

saintteamo - I hope it's not your disablilty affecting your typing skills. Otherwise some people owe you an apology.

Once again I ask that you find another cause. You can't disrupt Big Brown. We are solid and the public will blow you off. I know that by the way my customers reacted after the 1997 strike and after the 2002 negotiations. The general public is amazed at what UPS does for the PT people. Benefits, Earn and Learn, etc....are very valuable to the PT people I talk to. You slam the Welfare to Work program. I know a PT Sup (FT single mom) that was able to get off welfare and is very proud of her job. Her people respect her and what a ball of fire she is! We should ALL be proud of stories like that.

Go find Osama Bin Laden. Big Brown is not public enemy #1.

S

saintteamo

Proups, I would like to see the actual figures for pt turnover pre 82 vs tioday. I agree that a lot of the public wont care, however iI feel a lot odff people will feel that $14 per hr less for new hires than the full and fair rate is unconcsiencable. Also that it is more socially responsible to pay thefull and fair wages so people can afforde to survive and go through college like I did back then.The welfare to work program is successful in limited cases but due to the high costs vs gains should be scrapped. Ups does this only for the money and pub lic image p[oints ,not because it cares about society. Mgmt has to tolerate poorer performance etc now because of the high turnover due to poor wages and related rippoff comparing working conditionds with other pt jobs.The bklack Thursdays movement is very p[opular with ups workers accross the nation,tdu, and unity slate ibt reps. It will just take time to educate the moral part of the American public to the facts vs ups propaganda. One step at a time.Thanks for your concern nregardingmy typing possibly being affected ny my disability. I am not disabled in phisical hand function ,but did suffer head inluries that affect my ability to concentrate etc. So probably nobody owes me an appo9log on that point. However , I do fel upssup aka tieguy owes me an appology for attacking my character and sincerity. As for your request that I drop the ups part time poverty issue ,not a chance. I feel I have gaind consideraBLE POPULAR SUPORT AS i WROTE ABOVE AND WILL EVENTUALLY PREVAIL.OOPS LOCKED THE DAMN CAPS AGAIN.tAKE CARE. bELIEVE IN WHAT YOU DO,BUT TRY TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND FOR NON UPS LINE OPINIONS.

U

upslocal480

Where would one get a "end part time poverty" bumper sticker?

S

saintteamo

ups local 480, THE "END UPS PART TIME POVERTY' sbumper stickers will be printed in the first lot of Five thousand within thirty days . THey will be distributed for free by activists accross the country at u7ps fascilities. Also if you wish just send a legal size self addressed stamped envelope with two stamps on it to BLack Thursdays Committee (deleted by webmaster for soliciting) Writer on lower lefy corner of your encelope "freee sticker". As soon as they are printed wewill send you one. Sorry for the vwait but we are on a limited donations budjet and made4 far less from the t shirt sales than desired. The stickers are being pr4inted at a union shop ,so costs are a little higher also. Thanks for your inquiry. Please while waiting for the vstickers ,spread the word to part timers in your area about wearing black to work on thursdays in protest of the part time poverty exploita6tion wages due to the 1982 wage reduction and twenty years of economic injustice as well as the current contract which failed to solve the prob;em.Tell them to learn the facts that will counter ups self serving propaganda.

S

saintteamo

proups.ome other points, We are not trying nto dissrupt ups. WE are t56rying to help ups overcome the naturl human weaknesews of greed and liuist for poer etc by once again paying the full and fair wage rate to all seniority levels of workers etc.You may join TIE GUY IN JOKING ABOUT OUR MOVENTS WEAKNESS, BUT REMEMBER IN A SHORTTOME WE STARTEDTHE WEARING BLACK IN rICHMOND CA AND IT BECAME VERY POPULAR, THEMNN TDU PICKED IT UP AND IT SPREAD TO HUBS And centers cnationwide, then we sold the shirts but with less success probaBLy because tdun didnt help with this,but we did get Chuck Mack one of Hoffas Vice Presidents to p[urchase a shirt and make a generous personal donation to our movement as well Mack wore the shirt to a ups facilty in Oakland Ca and to u7nion meetingsd., Also ibt President Hoffs said he had a shirt in his offic someone had sent him.etc so we are still small but because what we speak for is thed truth that counters ups propaganda our movement will gain support from workers ,union officials and the public.If we can get just 100,000 bumperr stickers on cars that will mean that times five motorists per day viewing same 2.5 million plus motorists per week will become familiar with the slogan "END UPS PART TIME POVERTY" soon whenever anyone swes your nascar race or a brown truck on the stret that slogan wil pop in thier mind.if your wages etc were such a great deal aNnd it didnt affect turnover r,then why would you be plann8ing to spend so nmuch money advertising the pt jobs? Why would you accept poore dependability etc? GEt real .But go ahead and feel confident and laugh while I and my6 committee steps forward with simple unstoppable populaR TACTICS ONE STEP AT A TIME. wITH PROGERESSIVE STEPS PLANNED AND TO BE IMPLIMENTED WOTH NO END IN SIGHT ,UNTIL REFORM IS ACHIEVED.OOPS LOCKED THEM DAMN CAPS AGAIN, AND mY WQERITING STYLE MAY BE CONVULUTED DUE TO MY LAPSES IN CONCENTRATION ,BUT OTHERS CAN TAKE MY MIDEAS AND WRITE THEM FOR MASS DISTRIBUTION TO THE WORKERS AND PUBLIC.so AGAIN NO DISRUPTION EFFORT OR NEGATIVE BOYCOT ,JUST UNION SOLIDARITY AND PUBLIC AWEAREENESS EFFORTS TO PUT MOIORAL PERSUASION ON UPS. i BELIEVE THAT DESPITE THE BRAINWASHING AND PHONY POLICY BOOK EYC SOME OF YOU DO HABVVE SONME MORALS .

R

robonono

saintteamo,

Don't you think it is both ironic and hypocritical of Hoffa and Mack to wear your t-shirts, but to have totally dumped on you in the recent contract negotiations.

You blast UPS for its greed and nazism, but in reality, the IBT, your brothers deserted you in not pushing your agenda.