Blatant Entrapment

ManInBrown

I've had lots of jobs over the years and have worked with every type of person you can imagine. But some of the people that drive in my center act like pure scum whenever they can get away with it and regardless of who it affects. And during my time on this board (I've been here pretty much since the beginning) I've noticed that they exist in other centers across the country too. What is it about this job that turns people into such selfish pricks? It's easy (if done correctly) and it pays very well with benefits to boot. I just don't get it.
Trust me, this driver is not scum. Very good friend of mine, but they just can't deal with the BS anymore and they can see the end. I guess in this driver's mind if Mrs. Smith gets her package on Tuesday instead of Monday it's not that big a deal. I'm not making excuses for this type of behavior, but scum is a strong word

8 Hour Day

You're not servicing the customerr by hiding misloads. Period.
See your reply is reflective of of the whole issue at hand.

I mentioned several issues that should be addressed, but the only one you zero in on is the "blame the driver" one.

That's the whole problem... Don't address the issue(s) causing the problem, but assign blame when the problems cause the proverbial poop to hit the fan.

I had over 20 misloads one Monday, and 17 the next day. The entire load both days was horrible including one #140 piece of furniture that was smashed all to pieces being loaded under a bulk stop.

Both days, I reported the issues to my management "team" and nothing changed. Same horrid loads and double digit misloads. The 1st two days, I did what I was supposed to do, but facing a 13 hour Wednesday because mgmt is too busy to retrain a preloader, suddenly getting to see my family takes precidence.

Here's the thing... Speaking to my mgmt, sending messages etc. did and does absolutely nothing. Making sure the packages are serviced properly just assures that no action will be taken. The ONLY thing that gets my mgmt team to act is service failures or showing up on one of their silly reports.

So, Wednesday, instead of running my butt off to cover for them, I serviced most of the misloads, but... Oops, also had several missed that I didn't report until it was too late. I did the same thing Thursday.

Friday? Tahdah! The preloader had been retrained, the load looks decent, and we are back in business.

Maybe you're one of the old school supes who isn't a finger pointing, blame laying do nothing... I don't know. I hope your aren't. But, so long as there are management teams who are more concerned with laying blame for failures than they are for preventing them, there will be drivers like me who know how to cover our butts so we can have dinner with our kids. See, that's the top priority... Not someone's cardboard.

Overpaid Union Thug

Trust me, this driver is not scum. Very good friend of mine, but they just can't deal with the BS anymore and they can see the end. I guess in this driver's mind if Mrs. Smith gets her package on Tuesday instead of Monday it's not that big a deal. I'm not making excuses for this type of behavior, but scum is a strong word
Actually "act like pure scum" was what I said. And you are right. There is no excuse.

See your reply is reflective of of the whole issue at hand.

I mentioned several issues that should be addressed, but the only one you zero in on is the "blame the driver" one.

That's the whole problem... Don't address the issue(s) causing the problem, but assign blame when the problems cause the proverbial poop to hit the fan.

I had over 20 misloads one Monday, and 17 the next day. The entire load both days was horrible including one #140 piece of furniture that was smashed all to pieces being loaded under a bulk stop.

Both days, I reported the issues to my management "team" and nothing changed. Same horrid loads and double digit misloads. The 1st two days, I did what I was supposed to do, but facing a 13 hour Wednesday because mgmt is too busy to retrain a preloader, suddenly getting to see my family takes precidence.

Here's the thing... Speaking to my mgmt, sending messages etc. did and does absolutely nothing. Making sure the packages are serviced properly just assures that no action will be taken. The ONLY thing that gets my mgmt team to act is service failures or showing up on one of their silly reports.

So, Wednesday, instead of running my butt off to cover for them, I serviced most of the misloads, but... Oops, also had several missed that I didn't report until it was too late. I did the same thing Thursday.

Friday? Tahdah! The preloader had been retrained, the load looks decent, and we are back in business.

Maybe you're one of the old school supes who isn't a finger pointing, blame laying do nothing... I don't know. I hope your aren't. But, so long as there are management teams who are more concerned with laying blame for failures than they are for preventing them, there will be drivers like me who know how to cover our butts so we can have dinner with our kids. See, that's the top priority... Not someone's cardboard.
No matter how many EXCUSES you dish out on the matter you are still not doing what you are supposed to do. What you are paid to do. Scan the misloads. If not....at least have the courtesy to let the other driver know. You don't have to screw over fellow drivers and the customers too.

ManInBrown

I'm just shocked that the center manager admitted it like he did. My steward would flip if this happened in my center. You can be damn sure the boys from the hall would be at the building the next day

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I blame the driver when he or she doesn't do how they were trained. The package being misloaded on the car isn't on you. But not scanning it in as a misload is.
Again, I'm not placing the misload blame on you. But if you're hiding it, you're going to get blamed for that.
Oops, also had several missed that I didn't report until it was too late. I did the same thing Thursday.
You're really not putting yourself in a good position. But by all means continue that attitude. Tell me how it works out for you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My wife has been telling me for over year to buy a new truck (mines an 08). I've looked a couple of times but haven't been able to get over the sticker shock.
We have an 09, and Im not buying new ever again. Im still putting around in my 1998 gmc, with 330K.

Re-Raise

image.jpeg

I couldn't afford the bed