Blatant Entrapment

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
View attachment 69431

I couldn't afford the bed
Me neither, but my lifetime best girlfriend just chucked it all, and bought this rig. Worked a few months at the elk hunting camps in Colorado, horseback, mules, no power all that good stuff. Came home, sold her place, bought this and went back. Thats what I call following a dream. And I got to witness it. 3 horse trailer and living quarters decked out. I love her.
20160114_114410.jpg

8 Hour Day

If not....at least have the courtesy to let the other driver know. You don't have to screw over fellow drivers and the customers too.
I think you missed it when I clarified it earlier... We do that among ourselves. The whole loop. Usually, we swap them over lunch or just run them. ORION has been fairly well abandoned here, so driving 20 over is ignored.

The conversation usually goes "Just a guess, but I'm willing to bet you won't be able to find a package for so and so..."

We actually haven't had to do this much in the last few weeks. The whole situation got bad enough that our do nothing mgmt team finally cracked down on preload. I only had one misload, yesterday... I felt like I'd won the lottery.

JL 0513

My center has never salted PC's to my knowledge. They salt the local sort load side but that's it.

Not sure how you'd catch a driver not scanning a fake labeled empty package. That's an easy find.

Not sure what the big deal is about running misloads. Easiest money. Only time we are asked to run them is if they are on neighboring routes or basically on our way back to the center. They never want the mileage inflation because of Orion reports. I'm surprised other centers allow for long misload runs.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My center has never salted PC's to my knowledge. They salt the local sort load side but that's it.

Not sure how you'd catch a driver not scanning a fake labeled empty package. That's an easy find.

Not sure what the big deal is about running misloads. Easiest money. Only time we are asked to run them is if they are on neighboring routes or basically on our way back to the center. They never want the mileage inflation because of Orion reports. I'm surprised other centers allow for long misload runs.
I know some routes, like mine are not signed onto Orion, because it sucks. and no one fixes it, so I run misloads because I am always over, like 20 on miles, so they dttp it. Which is why I always work late, because Orion says Ill have 50 miles and done at 4 and in the real world I have 80 miles and work til 8 or later.

8 Hour Day

I have a problem with it when it gets bad... As in adding tons of time to my week. I don't mind one or two, but being asked to run several that will make it so I get home after my kids are in bed? Nope. Nope. Nope... My supe may be an angry divorced old man with no reason to ever go home, but that doesn't mean I want to be that way.

JL 0513

I have a problem with it when it gets bad... As in adding tons of time to my week. I don't mind one or two, but being asked to run several that will make it so I get home after my kids are in bed? Nope. Nope. Nope... My supe may be an angry divorced old man with no reason to ever go home, but that doesn't mean I want to be that way.

Yet I'm always looking for more overtime. They don't like us going over 9.5 most of the time. They would never allow me to run a misload that took even just 25 minutes total.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They do not care about you seeing your family.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
So here is what I got out of all this,, if you work in the same center as overpaidunionthug, and especially if your in his loop, wait until the end of the day to sheet misloads so he has to dig for them....alright

ManInBrown

I have documented on this forum that not scanning misloads is not the right thing to do. But planting misloads is? GIMME A :censored2:ING BREAK!!!!!
Winner of thread. And not only planting, but admitting it by sending out a communication. My local would have a field day with that. My steward is salty as can be. He would flip

govols019

You smell that?

Keep on and you'll have plenty of time with your family.

8 Hour Day

Yet I'm always looking for more overtime. They don't like us going over 9.5 most of the time. They would never allow me to run a misload that took even just 25 minutes total.
Yep... we have guys in your shoes. I respect that. Heck, I love that those guys want MY work, so we're both happy. A couple will occasionally call me towards the end of their day & ask if I want to get rid of some work. It's rare, but it makes us both happy.

I have my bills paid with four 8 hour days. I have no need or desire for five 12 hour days... maybe when my kids are grown.