Blizzard

McFeely

Huge Member
I was off yesterday so I don't know how bad the freight lateness was for us, but we're starting an hour late today. I'll be curious if we have some rolled freight from yesterday that we'll be taking out today.

Purplepackage

I was off yesterday so I don't know how bad the freight lateness was for us, but we're starting an hour late today. I'll be curious if we have some rolled freight from yesterday that we'll be taking out today.

Are you on the east coast? Id be suprised if any station is operating that's in the path of this storm

McFeely

Huge Member
No, we're out west. I'm just wondering how much freight we're even getting today. And I have no idea how much freight we actually got yesterday. Monday's gonna suck regardless.

Purplepackage

No, we're out west. I'm just wondering how much freight we're even getting today. And I have no idea how much freight we actually got yesterday. Monday's gonna suck regardless.

Probably not much, where I am the 3 major Ramps are shut down and I'm sure most other ramps in the surrounding states are too. You'll just get slammed with east coast freight on Monday lol

McFeely

Huge Member
They're trying like mad to cut overtime everywhere, but I still end up with about 3-4 hours a week and the occasional Saturday OT on top of that. Next week is more of the same-

Purplepackage

They're trying like mad to cut overtime everywhere, but I still end up with about 3-4 hours a week and the occasional Saturday OT on top of that. Next week is more of the same-

It's the end of our fiscal year so they are trying to reach their "profit improvement plan" numbers be sure that when the new year comes they won't care again for a couple months

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the only time UPS or FedEX has shut down to my knowledge is when the roads are closed and we have no choice.

the USPS shuts down all the time around here. they claim they will not put their employees at risk.

Purplepackage

the only time UPS or FedEX has shut down to my knowledge is when the roads are closed and we have no choice.

the USPS shuts down all the time around here. they claim they will not put their employees at risk.

Yeah express shutdown today because most east cost airports are closed so they can't transport freight, the problem with that is if airports don't re open till say midday tomorrow we will drastically behind

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

If you're FedEx, you can state it is "too dangerous" and they won't send you on the road because you have just transferred liability from you to them. Try it sometime and see what they do.

whenIgetthere

We got rolled freight, but only took perishables and medicine on road today. LBT was 1100 and still had to be back for CTV departure before 1645. With an hour stem, didn't leave much time for delivering today.

It will be fine

If you're FedEx, you can state it is "too dangerous" and they won't send you on the road because you have just transferred liability from you to them. Try it sometime and see what they do.
At Ground when I tell them that they try to pressure me into sending guys on the road anyway. It's easy for me to resist, but I've seen some contractors go out when they obviously shouldn't be on the road.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
From the pictures I saw published online today (Sunday), I don't see the big deal. I've been sent out in snow deeper than that, and I'm in Texas!

Purplepackage

From the pictures I saw published online today (Sunday), I don't see the big deal. I've been sent out in snow deeper than that, and I'm in Texas!

LOL we got 30 inches of snow im sure you've been sent out in that. Ever try clearing 30inches of snow off of all of your airport runways?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
LOL we got 30 inches of snow im sure you've been sent out in that. Ever try clearing 30inches of snow off of all of your airport runways?
Like I said, according to what was published online it looked like about 10-12 inches. If I saw 30 inches of snow, I wouldn't even attempt reporting to work. Maybe for days!