Blizzard

SmithBarney

I swear, you guys act like OLCCs are kryptonite.

OLCC's aren't kryptonite, until you add the last line: This isn't Discipline but... up to and including termination" fill in the blank dano I can't remember all the words... sure sounds like it can be used for discipline..

MGR DANO: I see here you have 5 OLCCs for attendance
CRR: Well no those were sick days, I had the flu for 2, and the other were from food poisoning that I got at the company "family days" picnic
MGR DANO: I see no mention of sick days, just that you have poor attendance, this seems to be habitual we're sorry we need more dedicated employees, and you are abusing the system.

SmithBarney

...This reminds me of how FedEx went through a phase where everything had to be labeled, so they had CSAs running around putting Dymo labels on garbage cans that said "garbage can" and copy machines that said "copy machine". How retarded is that?

Get one for the managers forehead... Manager

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
This reminds me of how FedEx went through a phase where everything had to be labeled, so they had CSAs running around putting Dymo labels on garbage cans that said "garbage can" and copy machines that said "copy machine". How retarded is that?
oh I remember that. The best part was when I went into the restroom and saw the toilet labelled ":censored2:ter".

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The new "advisory" OLCCs are a joke. Admit it, shill, it's just another way to harass and intimidate employees into not calling-in sick. You make me sick.

Oh, be quiet you ignoramus. They are a CYA because some idiot got in trouble for his attendance and whined that the company didn't keep him informed about his own attendance and it wasn't fair to discipline him without giving him proper notice.

If the weather conditions suck, you have no business out there trying to make Fred money. You know full well that any courier who chooses to go on the road absolves the company of liability. Calling-in sick is the best course of action.

I think you're confused. I've never suggested that someone drive in conditions that are too dangerous for them. Of course, I don't advise people to lie about being sick, either.

59 Dano

Think about it and use your head for a change.

This company wants an explanation for everything and they want you to justify every minute you're on the clock. Including how many times you scratched your ass yesterday. But I guess explanations are unheard of at Station One.

So "Station One" is your go-to answer when you can't think of a real answer, especially when you're arguing for the sake of arguing...

59 Dano

Then why is there a need for an OLCC to "inform you" that you called-in sick? I freaking know that I called my manager. Amazing stupidity, which you apparently agree with completely. Not surprising.

It's to inform you of your attendance, even when you call in and lie about being sick.

This reminds me of how FedEx went through a phase where everything had to be labeled, so they had CSAs running around putting Dymo labels on garbage cans that said "garbage can" and copy machines that said "copy machine". How retarded is that?

About as retarded as hiring you.

59 Dano

OLCC's aren't kryptonite, until you add the last line: This isn't Discipline but... up to and including termination" fill in the blank dano I can't remember all the words... sure sounds like it can be used for discipline..

MGR DANO: I see here you have 5 OLCCs for attendance
CRR: Well no those were sick days, I had the flu for 2, and the other were from food poisoning that I got at the company "family days" picnic
MGR DANO: I see no mention of sick days, just that you have poor attendance, this seems to be habitual we're sorry we need more dedicated employees, and you are abusing the system.

I appreciate the speculation, but MGR DANO would know that having only missed 5 sick days in a year isn't considered "poor attendance" by FedEx. And MGR DANO would know that discipline can only be issued for attendance once it falls below a certain percentage. And MGR DANO would know when an employee was getting close to, or had reached, that threshold because he'd be notified by an automated process that keeps track of attendance. And MGR DANO would tell you, once you are approaching that threshold, that you're approaching it -- because MGR DANO would want you to know where you stand in regard to your attendance so that you can take that into consideration when deciding whether or not you are going to show up or not.

vantexan

I appreciate the speculation, but MGR DANO would know that having only missed 5 sick days in a year isn't considered "poor attendance" by FedEx.

Really? Back when we had reviews we got hit pretty hard by just a couple of sick days. You must be a mgr because you don't seem very bright.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh, be quiet you ignoramus. They are a CYA because some idiot got in trouble for his attendance and whined that the company didn't keep him informed about his own attendance and it wasn't fair to discipline him without giving him proper notice.

I think you're confused. I've never suggested that someone drive in conditions that are too dangerous for them. Of course, I don't advise people to lie about being sick, either.

The CYA (your term) OLCCs are incredibly stupid and just another way for FedEx to intimidate people into compliance. This company is SO generous with sick days, aren't they? If you really need the day off, and you have even an inkling that management isn't going to allow it, you need to call-in sick. They have zero loyalty to us, so why show them any in return? None, zero, as in your IQ.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I appreciate the speculation, but MGR DANO would know that having only missed 5 sick days in a year isn't considered "poor attendance" by FedEx. And MGR DANO would know that discipline can only be issued for attendance once it falls below a certain percentage. And MGR DANO would know when an employee was getting close to, or had reached, that threshold because he'd be notified by an automated process that keeps track of attendance. And MGR DANO would tell you, once you are approaching that threshold, that you're approaching it -- because MGR DANO would want you to know where you stand in regard to your attendance so that you can take that into consideration when deciding whether or notyou are going to show up or not.

Ugh! As if!.jpg

dezguy

Really? Back when we had reviews we got hit pretty hard by just a couple of sick days. You must be a mgr because you don't seem very bright.
it's .1 off your score per sick call, up here. One sick day can be the difference between getting the full raise amount with a 6.6 or missing out and getting a 6.5 because you decided to do the right thing and stay home because you've been throwing up all night. Of course, if you come in and get in an accident because you're sick, they nail you with a preventable. You get screwed either way.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
it's .1 off your score per sick call, up here. One sick day can be the difference between getting the full raise amount with a 6.6 or missing out and getting a 6.5 because you decided to do the right thing and stay home because you've been throwing up all night. Of course, if you come in and get in an accident because you're sick, they nail you with a preventable. You get screwed either way.
You guys still get reviews?