Blizzard

oldngray

nowhere special
funny-pictures-317.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I head yesterday that while the snow plows had a very hard time clearing the streets in DC the parking enforcement people had no problem ticketing cars which had not been moved. They issued tickets and fines totaling more than $1M.

It will be fine

I head yesterday that while the snow plows had a very hard time clearing the streets in DC the parking enforcement people had no problem ticketing cars which had not been moved. They issued tickets and fines totaling more than $1M.
Most of that was people parking in the emergency snow lanes after they'd been plowed, but before the parking ban had been lifted.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm sure the reason they had a very hard time clearing the streets was because people were illegally parked on the snow emergency routes. If they only got a ticket, they were lucky. They could have gotten towed too.

McFeely

Huge Member
I just got a performance review in November, but I don't really see anything on there giving me a score. I'm also not sure how/if it affects my possible raise each year (although a part of me wishes we did get some performance-base pay raises).

l22

And you guys act like they're meaningless.

They are definitely not meaningless. They are a tool used by management to build the case for discipline/in some cases, termination (although when it comes down to litigation, it is hard to use those but they still WILL be used)... Do not acknowledge any "counseling" OLCCs. If a manager asks you why you won't acknowledge it (and they usually do), either say, "my lawyer informed me not to" or "no comment." ... They will then say, "well, you still get an OLCC, whether you want to acknowledge it or not." Tell them, "well, it makes no difference if I acknowledge it or not then, does it?"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They are definitely not meaningless. They are a tool used by management to build the case for discipline/in some cases, termination (although when it comes down to litigation, it is hard to use those but they still WILL be used)... Do not acknowledge any "counseling" OLCCs. If a manager asks you why you won't acknowledge it (and they usually do), either say, "my lawyer informed me not to" or "no comment." ... They will then say, "well, you still get an OLCC, whether you want to acknowledge it or not." Tell them, "well, it makes no difference if I acknowledge it or not then, does it?"
My mgr stopped asking me a long time ago to acknowledge an OLCC. He just gives me a copy.

dezguy

I'm sure the copy that goes in your file will be crisp and clean.
Watch me worry about it.

Once you make it known that if management is going to waste your time with crap like this and you make it known that you will do everything in your power to make their lives miserable, I have found stuff like this stops real quick.

Yankeefan

I work in Memphis and we were told the night before that anyone who missed the 22nd or 23rd would be given OLCC's. Come Monday they did do that as some of my co-workers received them.