Blue State Logic, Court sides with violent mob to silence free speech!

brett636

I'm wondering if those who support this judge will also support the revocation of all female drivers licenses and suffrage when a similar mob appears before your state legislators demanding sharia law be implemented or unfettered violence will commence. At what point will the threat of violence no longer cause us to give way to these Islamic extremists.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I'm wondering if those who support this judge will also support the revocation of all female drivers licenses and suffrage when a similar mob appears before your state legislators demanding sharia law be implemented or unfettered violence will commence. At what point will the threat of violence no longer cause us to give way to these Islamic extremists.

​Brett, these folks were given an hour to harangue the crowd. When they finally succeeded in inciting violence THEN the police removed them. If you can't see why the police action was reasonable, well...

brett636

I'm just pointing the pattern of behavior with these extremists, and how that pattern is propagated by these sorts of decisions. Its sort of like a child throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of a grocery store aisle because their parent isn't buying them their favorite candy bar. The parent can either buy the candy bar to shut the kid up or take them out to the car and give them something to cry about. I guess your answer is to buy the kid the candy bar and believe this problem will never arise again, but it will. Its only a matter of time till the kid wants something else only now they know how to get it. Only here we aren't speaking of kids, we are talking about religious fanatics who believe those who don't follow their line of thinking need to be converted, enslaved, or killed, and now it gets a whole lot more real.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
92wsvmq.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
"Fire!" in a crowded theater, Brett. Maybe some day if a group of Muslims in this country behave in such a vile manner, we will see of there is truth to your theory.

brett636

"Fire!" in a crowded theater, Brett. Maybe some day if a group of Muslims in this country behave in such a vile manner, we will see of there is truth to your theory.

Apples and oranges. The first amendment specifies one's right to protest. It does not state specifically one has a right to yell fire in a crowded theatre.

bbsam

Staff member
Apples and oranges. The first amendment specifies one's right to protest. It does not state specifically one has a right to yell fire in a crowded theatre.

I think you need to read the Supreme Court ruling. There is a reason one cannot yell "Fire!" in a theater.

brett636

I think you need to read the Supreme Court ruling. There is a reason one cannot yell "Fire!" in a theater.

You need to read the first amendment. It does state an individual has the right to protest. Apples and oranges.

brett636

Lets analyze ths deeper. Yelling fire in a crowded theatre incites a riot because it ignites ones own natural desire for self preservation, albeit falsely. In this case the muslims have a choice to make, either respond or not, and since their belief system is based on an uncivil society they will make the choice to respond with violence. Now that they know the courts side with them when they threaten violence look for it to happen more often.

brett636

You need to read the first amendment. It does state an individual has the right to protest. Apples and oranges.
unfortunately for you and Texan, the SCOTUS is the body that decides such things and they have.

Unless the Supreme Court ruling make a distinction between self preservation and voluntary violent responses, then no they have not ruled on this issue.

bbsam

Staff member
The Court will never view this as "self preservation. But weren't you claiming it was freedom of speech that was at stake? Apples and apples.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Unless the Supreme Court ruling make a distinction between self preservation and voluntary violent responses, then no they have not ruled on this issue.

Brett, actually they have. Even that scum Scalia agreed. Do a search for hate speech. It may be too nuanced for you to understand, but no, there are limits to what you can do and say and still use the Constitution as protection. The pig's head crossed that line. It was Ronnie's hand picked judge that ruled, not some blue state liberal..

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
If this opinion piece is their case, it will never make it to the Supreme Court.

A few things that I find interesting is that (least importantly) the AFLC considers 12,000+ hits on YouTube as going viral. Ok, that I can just laugh away.

But the AFLC considers the Muslims to be "Hecklers" at their own event, while these (illustrated below) are "Christian Evangelists" engaged in "preaching".

TAh6zxs.png

8anv3Kb.png

Anyhow, the "preacher" leader's name is Ruben Israel, and you can just tell that he loves him some him. He is also apparently (spoiler alert) anti-hindu, anti-gay, anti-mormon and anti-catholic.

Have a look *here* for some of his Westboro Baptist-esque drivel.

*GRAPHIC PHOTOS