Bluetooth in diad

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Oreo in action. What's the easiest way to get cat hair off my uniform?
543-jpg.11772
Order new ones.:wink2:

No DIAD transfers are done via infared.
Does that mean they can see through my clothes?:happy2:

thom1842

My supe explained to me that when the DIAD is out of its slot at the center, it communicates with the office using radio (he said cell phone technology) and when it is in the slot it communicates with a bluetooth antenna above the DIAD rack to download the route to the computers at the base. The physical connections are only to charge the DIAD in the slot not used for communication.

InTheRed

My supe explained to me that when the DIAD is out of its slot at the center, it communicates with the office using radio (he said cell phone technology) and when it is in the slot it communicates with a bluetooth antenna above the DIAD rack to download the route to the computers at the base. The physical connections are only to charge the DIAD in the slot not used for communication.

You mean to download EDD?

It uses 802.11 Wireless WIFI networking (like your home wireless router).

It uses infra-red to xfer EDD to EDD transfer

It uses cellular technology to communicate delivery information with the center/mainframe.

I thought it might use bluetooth to communicate with the PDA OJS device, but those things have gone away and I have yet to see one in action.

Dagoof

When we get EDD it is using the bluetooth. The old diads used the infared when we had to hold it up to the sensor. Now it uses bluetooth to get it that is if you have it hooked up in your center. Which is why we can get EDD from out in the parking lot now.

InTheRed

When we get EDD it is using the bluetooth. The old diads used the infared when we had to hold it up to the sensor. Now it uses bluetooth to get it that is if you have it hooked up in your center. Which is why we can get EDD from out in the parking lot now.

No, it is using 802.11 wireless network (like your standard WIFI wireless router at home). WIFI has a range of 100-250 feet depending on the situation. Bluetooth has a range of 30 feet.