Boat talk

moreluck

golden ticket member
This qualifies as a boat.......when we lived in Mission Viejo, there's a man-made lake and beach. It's for swimming and for fishing.
They only allow little boats and electric motors. (for residents only)
We bought a 13ft. aluminum row boat with a small elec. motor for $300. We used it for fishing for 10 years and sold it for $300. We had to pay the storage at the lake, but a very small amount.
Best investment and we really used it lot.

Ouch

My best friend has a bullet 20xd with a mere 250xs. We fish out of his boat since i sold mine a couple years ago. His boat is high performance bass boat. When we tournament fish we usually run in the low 90's. I'm fixing to buy a stroker. Strokes are also made in east Tn along with the bullet and allison. I will have the stroker with a 300x if I can find one for sale. If not a 300xs. The strokes with the correct prop will run over 100 mph no problem. Love the high performance bass boats, nothing like it.

My best friend has a bullet 20xd with a mere 250xs. We fish out of his boat since i sold mine a couple years ago. His boat is high performance bass boat. When we tournament fish we usually run in the low 90's. I'm fixing to buy a stroker. Strokes are also made in east Tn along with the bullet and allison. I will have the stroker with a 300x if I can find one for sale. If not a 300xs. The strokes with the correct prop will run over 100 mph no problem. Love the high performance bass boats, nothing like it.

Until you fall out of one.

Ouch

Why is fuel at the marina at least 50 to 75 cents more per gallon?
Because people will pay It. Had a buddy run a marina one summer and the permits and insurance he had to have to sale fuel on the water was rediculous. Here gas is around $3. At the marina it's over $5 a gallon. People that have pontoons docked at the marina bought what I call a gas caddy. It's a polymer tank on wheels. The put it in the back of the truck and fill it up. Roll it down to the dock and fill their pontoons up. Small tanks this works great for. I would say the permits and ins has a lot to do with it.

Ouch

Don't te="cachsux, post: 1268319, member: 5529"]Until you fall out of one.[/quote]
Dont get me wrong we don't run that fast from every spot to spot. Usually at blast off or coming in to weigh in. Boat traffic dictates speed. But it's nice to have the speed if you need it. Fishing during pop up thunderstorm season it's nice to know you can get to a marina slip and out of the lightning.

image.jpg

Brown stains

Ok finally we have nice weather up here in New England looking at 65-70 degrees sat...gonna take the boat out in the ocean and try for some of these.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1397267158.858758.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I have 2 fishing boats, 2 sea kayaks, a canoe and come license time I cry. I'm trying to sell the kayaks but now days all people want are those cheap sit on plastic things from Walmart. The kayaks were my wifes idea.

Anybody know how to determine the value of a buoy? I would think some factors would be the depth at 0 tide, rating for size of boat, overall legality of having it there in the first place, + a couple hundred bux in supplies maybe. There doesn't seem to be a blue book on these.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Anybody know how to determine the value of a buoy? I would think some factors would be the depth at 0 tide, rating for size of boat, overall legality of having it there in the first place, + a couple hundred bux in supplies maybe. There doesn't seem to be a blue book on these.
NADA has a guide.
http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats

Another thing you could do is use a boat listing like http://www.boats.com/ or http://www.boattrader.com/ and find listings for boats similar to yours and price it competitively.