Body Odor

For anyone intereseted, go to Kleinertsshields.com. They sell sweat proof t-shirts. We've had a couple of days close to 100 degrees so far, and my uniform shirt stays dry. Also, the shirts are anti microbial and block body odors. They are pricey but very much worth it. Mine arrived 5 days after ordering.

dillweed

Some years ago my sister worked as a consulting pharmacist visiting nursing homes. Not to be rude but urine and death were the obvious smells. She had a problem with the stench so bought some vick's 44 and stuck it up her nose prior to those visits. Problem solved.

Not to mess up this thread I have to say something. Upstate has been criticized lately about his posts. He's blunt and to the point. Although some of his responses to my own posts have stung a bit I recognized that he spoke honestly and often had good points. I don't follow every post so don't know if he picks on any one person but I do remember someone on here who was ragged to the point where he went goofy and eventually disappeared. Are we going to be like a flock of geese who choose one victim for everyone to pick on, are we going to just put an annoying poster on ignore and let it go, or are we going to take the opinions of others with a grain of salt?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Not to mess up this thread I have to say something. Upstate has been criticized lately about his posts. He's blunt and to the point. Although some of his responses to my own posts have stung a bit I recognized that he spoke honestly and often had good points. I don't follow every post so don't know if he picks on any one person but I do remember someone on here who was ragged to the point where he went goofy and eventually disappeared. Are we going to be like a flock of geese who choose one victim for everyone to pick on, are we going to just put an annoying poster on ignore and let it go, or are we going to take the opinions of others with a grain of salt?

I try...and about 95% of the time I am successful...to address the post, not the poster. If I disagree with what someone says....I quote the exact words that I find objectionable and then debate those words with ones of my own rather than making personal remarks. And instead of putting someone on an "ignore" list (which I dont even know how to do) I just scroll past whatever I dont feel like reading.

Words on a screen are nothing but light waves being interpreted by my brain. I can choose, for the most part, whether or not to respond to those light waves in an appropriate and constructive manner.

Box

Handle with Care
Words on a screen are nothing but light waves

I disagree with these exact words....you loser! :wink2:

To the TS, i think most people would respect you if you just tell them about the body odor. Personally, i'd rather be seen as someone who is forthright and honest with people, than someone who likes to talk smile* behind their backs.

If they get offended and try to act like you're some kind of villain, then they ave even more problems than you initially thought!

klein

Für Meno :)
images

Box

Handle with Care
For someone you've never met (and someone you "internet met" yesterday), you sure do spend a lot of time thinking about me.

It's both pathetic and somehow flattering.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Oh yea I agree, I kid because I care with upstate, so take it too personally. And for all of internet too.

Its great coming here and getting the postive and the negative comments, but they are opinions and have been very helpful. To be honest, I've learned from
each one of you regulars.

How about we just agree to disagree! Cheers, its Friday!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I think the next thread should be... What do we think of upstate?

Well I have a few suggestions..

This is perfect for you upstate, angry and confused. Its not all about you, its about all of us, as humans. Too bad you became super human, peace out super sayain.

Thanks for the neg rep, I dont care the least bit. Go ahead and give me more, because one cares too much of the internet image ones placed before them. Keep making yourself so important that it counts brah. Happy Friday ladies and gents, lets get drunk!

Internets, serious buisness!

Box

Handle with Care
You're Right !
I don't know why you're so infatuated with me, but the bottom line is, i'm not going anywhere anytime soon, so you might as well get used to it.

Like i said before, it's flattering, but also a bit disturbing, that you would spend so much time thinking about a total stranger.

Anyway, i'll let you get back to your little obsession. Good night.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No, but the subject has been discussed from time to time. Unfortunately we have a couple of drivers who quite obviously do not shower as often as they should. I have even had customers mention to me that the driver who filled in for me when I was off was rather ripe.

I can see where a hub or preload employee would want to shower after their shift, but if you are going to spend 10 hrs a day dealing with the public you really ought to shower beforehand. JMHO.

How about a hub employee who works for 6-7 hours inside then goes on road for 4-5 hours? I find myself carrying more hygiene stuff with me than is in my bathroom cabinent.

Also it is possible that the smelly person DOES take regular showers but their CLOTHING is what actually is the odor. The whole showering before work thing is probably less important than has been stated in this thread.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't know why you're so infatuated with me, but the bottom line is, i'm not going anywhere anytime soon, so you might as well get used to it.

Like i said before, it's flattering, but also a bit disturbing, that you would spend so much time thinking about a total stranger.

Anyway, i'll let you get back to your little obsession. Good night.

Move along, nothing to see here.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How about a hub employee who works for 6-7 hours inside then goes on road for 4-5 hours? I find myself carrying more hygiene stuff with me than is in my bathroom cabinent.

Also it is possible that the smelly person DOES take regular showers but their CLOTHING is what actually is the odor. The whole showering before work thing is probably less important than has been stated in this thread.

That is the main reason I have gone to the trouble of filing grievances to force the company to provide me with an adequate number of uniforms. I absolutely refuse to wear a uniform more than once without washing it; and there is no reason that I should have to be doing laundry 3 times a week in order to have a clean uniform each day. I have 6 complete sets of shorts and shirts, so all I have to do is throw my "browns" into the wash on Sunday and I am ready for the following week with a "spare" in case I didnt have time over the weekend. I only have 2 pair of pants and 2 long sleeve shirts, but I go years at a time without wearing them. I normally wear shorts all winter, even when its snowing or in the teens.