Bonus Babies Are A Trip

Overpaid Union Thug

Some drivers in our center are getting a little to goofy about bonus. Its gotten to the point where some believe that its the dispatcher's job to make sure they get certain stops so they can have extra miles for their route to plan better and get more bonus.

If they loose certain air stops or areas on any given day they act like children getting their allowances reduced. Now some are being nosy and looking at other drivers' op reports to make sure they aren't getting less/more of something such as miles, NDAs, or anything else that helps a route plan. Some act like its a conspiracy against them when another driver gets more bonus than them.

Man, this bonus center is a trip! LOL! Does this happen in others?

Sent using BrownCafe App

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Some drivers in our center are getting a little to goofy about bonus. Its gotten to the point where some believe that its the dispatcher's job to make sure they get certain stops so they can have extra miles for their route to plan better and get more bonus.

If they loose certain air stops or areas on any given day they act like children getting their allowances reduced. Now some are being nosy and looking at other drivers' op reports to make sure they aren't getting less/more of something such as miles, NDAs, or anything else that helps a route plan. Some act like its a conspiracy against them when another driver gets more bonus than them.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I've been in a bonus center my whole career. I admit I'm a fan of it but you are absolutely correct.

PT Car Washer

I have helped drivers with stops in which every stop was a dead end street or a trailer court or anything he could not drop and run. And then brag about how much he bonus that day. Anymore one by one the bonus babies are crying about how much money UPS is taking from them each week by tightening the standards.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nary a word. It's consistent. And the runner-gunners help balance us "over" driver out.
Consistency is the key. You can't run an hour over then under the next day.

For the most part I believe management knows the numbers on many routes have gotten way out of wack.

Bottom rung

In our building there's a handful that get what they want from the dispatcher most everyday. Those drivers are an hour plus under every day. They get upset when someone in their loop has an eight hour and has to work past five, or they couldn't get an eight or a day off when the missing train arrives. When I say upset, I mean stomp their feet and whine and sometimes cry. But they get what they want because they cheat thier day to be that far under.

Overpaid Union Thug

These guys amuse and annoy me with their whining about other drivers taking "my miles" or "my bonus". But when they get exactly what they want they start whining about too much air and try and pass the buck to the next driver over. And what really blows my mind is that the guys getting all the bonus are the very same ones that whine about UPS "stealing our time" after IE adjusts the allowances. WTF! I feel like saying ITS YOUR FAULT FOOL! LOL!

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldupsman

Nary a word. It's consistent. And the runner-gunners help balance us "over" driver out.

We had bonus for 30 years in my building. I handled it the same way, just be consistent. I was always about 30 minutes over every day.
Some days more, some days less. One year I went through my pay stubbs for the year. I had a total of about 1 hour bonus
for the YEAR. I was also a 30 year safe driver and maybe 2 customer complaints in 32 years. I always asked them the same question.
Quality or quanity? The response was always the same. Can't we have both? My reply would always be the same. No you can't.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big arrow,

one of the biggest problems with "bonus" is that some centers exploit the values of some areas by simply applying a default value to them.

For example, lets say you have a trailer park to deliver to. EDD/PAS/ORION will only recognize the single address of the park and ignore the units. So, if you have 17 stops in that park, ORION will only see 1 stop with 17 pieces. The valuation of those stops then becomes 1 stop and 3 minutes.

Hardly fair of course or practical, so, the center then goes into the program and changes the way Orion calculates the value and they "assign" a time value that is the average time it takes you to deliver the park. So, lets say they make it 30 minutes to cover both heavy and light days.

Then on light days, lets say 3 stops, you will still get the 30 minute credit.

The same goes for hospitals or doctor offices in buildings with one address. The center team will give an allowance of 1 stop credit for every piece/package. So, lets say you had 40 pieces for 3 doctor offices, ORION will value that as a 40 stop credit.

I know it sounds ridiculous, buts its true. Just talk to your PDS about it.

Bonus drivers who are making bonus while others are going in the hole most likely have stops like these.

Until they figure out a way for the software to separate units/suites/apartments and value them separately, this will be the way the center team values them.

You can then see why some drivers lose their minds when one of these sections are removed from their routes.

TOS.