Bonus Babies Are A Trip

ups2000

I follow the methods....I usually average 10hours a week though.. I get the same dispatch everyday I pick to work fast and get it done. I'm willing to do what it takes to see my family and enjoy other things in life vs working like a slug and getting done at 8pm... Yes running is hard on me but it's well worth it.... Also I plan on getting out in 10 years
I didn't know running was part of the methods.Always thought it was walk at a brisk pace.

OPTION3

I didn't know running was part of the methods.Always thought it was walk at a brisk pace.
neither is this but it won’t stop guys like that
SmileyKissUp.gif

Marne Vet

I follow the methods....I usually average 10hours a week though.. I get the same dispatch everyday I pick to work fast and get it done. I'm willing to do what it takes to see my family and enjoy other things in life vs working like a slug and getting done at 8pm... Yes running is hard on me but it's well worth it.... Also I plan on getting out in 10 years

Yup, sure well worth ruining your body running, so when you see your family every day when you're out on disability, they can push you in your brand new shiny wheelchair to all of your doctor appointments. Can't fault that airtight logic. o_O

Runners always make the same excuses. In 20+ years I've yet to go to a retirement party for a guy that was a runner. I have run into them while working when they're no longer drivers. Those bonus hours sure go a long way when you can't work anymore. smh

Griff

lol. do you know how many men came before you that thought running around like a nutcase would be fine because they have a "plan"?

sometimes I look at the seniority list and am baffled by just how many have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Sent using BrownCafe App

screamin chicken

Not all of us run, I do not run I am about 88-95 in trace i take a full lunch....i average about 8 rs a week bonus, but there are weeks that I cant hardly make bonus with the same amount as stops, pkgs, pick ups, which really is not fair that they can do this......

Overpaid Union Thug

Not all of us run, I do not run I am about 88-95 in trace i take a full lunch....i average about 8 rs a week bonus, but there are weeks that I cant hardly make bonus with the same amount as stops, pkgs, pick ups, which really is not fair that they can do this......

When I look at these things from a logical and unbiassed viewpoint and then read your statement I have to think that if you truly aren't running and are taking the full lunch then you shouldn't be averaging 8 hours of bonus per week and that the other weeks where you can hardly make bonus are probably more accurate. This is not to say that it doesn't make sense that the exact same work plans one way one week but differently with the same work another week. What I'm saying is that if a driver walks at a brisk pace, drives the speed limit, follows the methods, yada yada yada...then and hour of bonus per day seems like a bit of a stretch.

One of the many problems that comes with bonus is the drivers that think UPS owes them bonus. When a route is "fat with allowance" (believe me it happens) the driver(s) that usually runs it gets allot of bonus. Eventually the times are adjusted based on historical data and IE tampering and that bonus disappears. Next those drivers act like spoiled little children and throw a fit because "they stole time from us" but in reality the route just had a little fat trimmed. The real mess is made by the runners and gunners because that historical data I mentioned is based on their past paid days and "production" so those route have more than a little fat trimmed. They have too much trimmed. So, now it's impossible to make bonus following the methods and bonus whores struggle to make just a little. Not none.

screamin chicken

I do not run, I drive the speed limit, I take my break, here is an example, I have kept records for 5 yrs. I can tell you before Id get 8-10 hrs bonus, 10 hrs guaranteed pay for not working 8 hrs a day, and now with the the same stops, miles, pkgs, dr, cod's, I get half of that, it should stay the same...........

wayfair

swollen member
I do not run, I drive the speed limit, I take my break, here is an example, I have kept records for 5 yrs. I can tell you before Id get 8-10 hrs bonus, 10 hrs guaranteed pay for not working 8 hrs a day, and now with the the same stops, miles, pkgs, dr, cod's, I get half of that, it should stay the same...........

you haven't had a time study in 5 years??

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Bonus used to be so easy back in the day.

Foamer Pyle

It's just lame that the company creates all of this software, and they cannot fix simple issues like multiple stops for the same address. Or, they can fix the issue, but choose not to.

Sent using BrownCafe App

OPTION3

It's just lame that the company creates all of this software, and they cannot fix simple issues like multiple stops for the same address. Or, they can fix the issue, but choose not to.

Sent using BrownCafe App
To heck with all of that….I just wish, with all our tracking capabilities(tracking every single minute and detail of a drivers day, and every detail of a package) we could track my PAYCHECK correctly . I have had 10 pay corrections already this year (with penalty pay). Seems a bit dishonest no?