Bonus drivers

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Basically you proved to management you can do a 9 hour day in 7 hours.

Obviously, you don't have enough work on your car. When they start giving you 11 hour days and plan on you doing it under 9.5, you basically just screwed yourself. Plus you only get 9.5 hours pay.

That would keep the bonus babies out of the picture

Overpaid Union Thug

The best way to get bonus without running or working through your lunch is to run a route that pulls a TP-60 that gets left a a business and is loaded by the people working there. The driver just picks up the trailer later in the day but gets credit for loading the packages. I've picked up trailers that were loaded with 800 packages that were loaded throughout the day while I was delivering. That makes pretty good bonus.

The best way to get bonus without running or working through your lunch is to run a route that pulls a TP-60 that gets left a a business and is loaded by the people working there. The driver just picks up the trailer later in the day but gets credit for loading the packages. I've picked up trailers that were loaded with 800 packages that were loaded throughout the day while I was delivering. That makes pretty good bonus.
That doesn't work here. Our one route that has customer loaded TP-60 is coded to give time credit for one package picked up regardless of how many are actually placed in the trailer. The kicker is the trailer isn't left there everyday all year long as the shipper's volume is seasonal. In the off season the trailer isn't even dropped there and the driver loads into the PC and only gets time credit for one package.

some1else

Banned
uhh during the time study did the driver let the cust. load that trailer?
customers arent allowed in ups vehicles! (not during time studies anyway ;))

uhh during the time study did the driver let the cust. load that trailer?
customers arent allowed in ups vehicles! (not during time studies anyway ;))
I have no idea what happened during the time study, in fact I don't even know how long it has been since that area was studied.
Customers load trailers all the time, the whole purpose in dropping a trailer there is so the driver doesn't have to spend the time to load it.

QKRSTKR

I think all these post point to bonus is not fair. How can 2 guys work and do the same job and one gets paid for 10 hours while the other gets paid for 9 and they both worked 9.

Have some fun with the bonus drivers in your center by telling them u have enough greivances to get rid of it. You'll see almost instant tears.

I think all these post point to bonus is not fair. How can 2 guys work and do the same job and one gets paid for 10 hours while the other gets paid for 9 and they both worked 9.

Have some fun with the bonus drivers in your center by telling them u have enough greivances to get rid of it. You'll see almost instant tears.

Actually there are two(or more) possible implications. One is that the allowances are not balanced in two given routes. The other is that one driver works faster than the other.
I would have to take a look at our centers OR for a few days to see if we still have any "bonus drivers" left. I do know the numbers are decreased greatly from just a year ago and I really doubt that many, if any, have changed their work methods or speed.

island1fox

CPU (cargo package unit) drivers do not recieve bonus at our center even though they are considered package delivery drivers, they use semi trailers or vans.
Waterboy---
I believe CPU ------stands for CENTRAL PICK-UP---Usually controlled by the feeder department and not the package centers or package divisions.I.E. will watch cpu very closely because sending a van on all different routes --drives up mileage and cost. Package mgrs and supers --try to give large p/u's to cpu to make spor go up and stop some of the drivers from crying about a large p/u !! That is why I.E moniters cpu.:smart: