Bonus In, Bonus Out,...Bonus In Again???

Yea, but what if it is agreed to at the local level?
The company and the BA may very well be in bed together.
Then you would go to the next monthly membership meeting and bring this up in front of the membership. Bring some friends. Does your local have a track record of getting anything resolved in a month?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There will be no newly implemented incentive plans or bonus plans
unless approved by the affected employees and the Union.

That tells me right there, that it can be voted back in.
The rest of the article refers to a "majority"?
Does "approved by the affected members", without the term majority, imply that approval must be unanimous?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Then you would go to the next monthly membership meeting and bring this up in front of the membership. Bring some friends. Does your local have a track record of getting anything resolved in a month?
My local has a history of trading horses and these grievances are slated to be heard tomorrow morning at 7am, ahead of grievances that are more than a year old.
Can you hear what I am saying?

If I bring 20 friends to the next membership meeting we will outnumber the floor...and possibly the floor and podium combined.

By The Book

The rest of the article refers to a "majority"?
Does "approved by the affected members", without the term majority, imply that approval must be unanimous?
If it's able to be voted out, without being unanimous, I would think if it's able to be voted back in it wouldn't require a unanimous vote.

DSM515

So a couple of the local knuckleheads screwed with somebody else's money and thought it was "obviously the right thing to do" and now those people are :censored2: and want the bonus voted back in. Gee I don't know what could be wrong.

You are lucky somebody hasn't taken it on some one.

We have several bonus centers here and they are some of the safest centers around.
A couple??? How about the majority In that center voted it out and a COUPLE bonus crybabies want it back. All bonus does is promote favoritism and unsafe behavior. Fact.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I can see the unsafe behavior side of it, but how does it create favoritism? Honest question.
Route and vehicle assignments, dispatch, overlooking obvious dishonesty, service and method errors, etc.
Management caters to the hedge hoppers who display a willingness to chase the rabbit.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They voted bonus out. It's a done deal.

There is no sort of "look back" provision.

Even a grievance (at this point).... is untimely.

-Bug-

It is a done deal once voted out.

But it can be voted back in if the union, the company and the affected employees all agree to it.

At least in the Central.

oldngray

nowhere special
It is a done deal once voted out.

But it can be voted back in if the union, the company and the affected employees all agree to it.

At least in the Central.

The company would love bonus back in those centers and since they have many locals in their back pocket it would definitely be possible if they could get enough drivers voting for it.

upschuck

Route and vehicle assignments, dispatch, overlooking obvious dishonesty, service and method errors, etc.
Management caters to the hedge hoppers who display a willingness to chase the rabbit.
People who do that will do that regardless if bonus is there or not. I suspect that the reason that your group is trying to get it back is because they have lost a lot of money because they are still getting in a the same time, but not getting the money for their work.

I have talked to people after a time study, and they were complaining about losing1/2 hour or so, but he said that he wasn't going any slower, he was just going to get paid less. Same concept as losing bonus.

Thank you for clarifying your previous post about being a done deal and cannot be voted back in.

It can be, but the union may never agree to it. And the union has to agree to it to be voted on.
I could never see any panel agree to bonus. It's recognizing production. We just don't recognize it.