Bonus....

BrownChoice

How does bonus pay work ?

Say you run a route, with a 9.3 hour plan, you get in with 8.3 on road hours, with a 10 min AM time and 10 min PM time. What SHOULD you hours of pay be?

JL 0513

I have no idea how bonus works. We don't have it here. What we have is a time bonus of 20 minutes OT pay if we work over 10 hours. Nice little benefit to a long day. 5 time bonuses a week is another 1 hour 40 minutes OT essentially for free.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
9.3 hour plan and 8.3 hours on road= 1 hour of bonus. Or, it means you skipped your lunch.

Give em 6 months, your time study will be adjusted and you'll be skipping your lunch just to make scratch.

Bonus is a farce. Don't believe me? Hit me back on this thread 12 months from now.

Sent using a Potato

I have no idea how bonus works. We don't have it here. What we have is a time bonus of 20 minutes OT pay if we work over 10 hours. Nice little benefit to a long day. 5 time bonuses a week is another 1 hour 40 minutes OT essentially for free.
Pays your Union Dues for the week.

upschuck

I've noticed that most people who run bonus(less and less since time studies keep taking time away) want to get home and would do the same regardless of bonus or not.

And yes, you get paid for the complete 9.3 hours that your day planned.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
9.3 hour plan and 8.3 hours on road= 1 hour of bonus. Or, it means you skipped your lunch.

Give em 6 months, your time study will be adjusted and you'll be skipping your lunch just to make scratch.

Bonus is a farce. Don't believe me? Hit me back on this thread 12 months from now.

Sent using a Potato
Been on my current route about 5 years now. Run about 7 hours bonus a week. They haven't adjusted anything yet.

Overpaid Union Thug

How does bonus pay work ?

Say you run a route, with a 9.3 hour plan, you get in with 8.3 on road hours, with a 10 min AM time and 10 min PM time. What SHOULD you hours of pay be?

Bonus would be great if time allowances didn't change but they do. Plus, bonus breeds greed, envy, and entitlement minded behavior among the drivers. Some drivers will cut any corners they can to get done sooner knowing that they could get bonus. If you think some guys are speed demons now just wait until bonus is introduced.

JL 0513

Bonus is presumably put in place to benefit UPS but it seems like it's a more costly scenario for UPS. It clearly benefits the driver, although not at no cost (running, gunning, lunch skipping). Bonus can't financially benefit both UPS and the driver. So why implement it?

9.5er

You don't have to be a runner/gunner to make bonus.

I DO NOT run but I make bonus on most routes I cover. A couple have terrible time allowances so I am over allowed. I work at a smooth steady pace no matter which route I'm on. I also take my lunch. Most of my routes are getting adjusted so I do not make as much bonus as I used to. Or I'm getting old. Probably both actually.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Bonus is presumably put in place to benefit UPS but it seems like it's a more costly scenario for UPS. It clearly benefits the driver, although not at no cost (running, gunning, lunch skipping). Bonus can't financially benefit both UPS and the driver. So why implement it?

As I understand it, it's voted on at the local level. Bonus centers have become a sort of dinosaur due to the fact that, most locals have voted out the bonus system.

As with anything else, the company changes the rules (in this case via time study) in the middle of the game. I know several drivers that use to make 3+ hours bonus per day. Those drivers now get an extra 20-30 stops per day and struggle to make 1 hour of bonus per day.

How does that happen? Your center manager has to answer for this sort of thing on the conference call. He'll be instructed to correct it and somehow, with your PDS' help, he will.

At some point in time, bonus was beneficial to both bargaining unit and the company. The company however, being its usual self, decided to rape it.

The end result is a handful of scabs, continuing to work through their lunches to no one's benefit but, Atlanta's.

But I digress...

Bonus is a farce.

Sent using BrownCafe App