Bonus??

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
View attachment 95740 I don't see anything in the ad about this being a seasonal or peak package handler position...as the ad goes on about the attractive benefits package available for PTers, and so forth.

So, is UPS now offering permanent PT employees paid weekly bonuses for showing up to work? lol

Is it just me or does anyone not see the part about MAY weigh up to 70lbs. BS, MAY weigh up to 150lbs. I assume putting that in there might scare off even more people.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In some parts of the 177, they were busing in the help. Still, if they showed 3 days out of 5, that was good. I don't know if they are still doing that?

Overpaid Union Thug

View attachment 95740 I don't see anything in the ad about this being a seasonal or peak package handler position...as the ad goes on about the attractive benefits package available for PTers, and so forth.

So, is UPS now offering permanent PT employees paid weekly bonuses for showing up to work? lol
The first building I worked in offered retention bonuses. It was only for like 4 months. I believe the first bonus was $75 and they got bigger each month.

DOK

Looks that way. Tuition reimbursement isn't available in all areas also, our pt'ers don't get any of this.

barnyard

KTM rider
There are 3 hubs and a gateway in my area. Those 4 buildings all pay bonuses based on attendance. Preload pays the most, twilight the least. They all also offer tuition assistance, those amounts varied too, both by shift and location. The amounts were posted on recruiting posters that were hanging near the rooms where new hires are interviewed.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I just saw a sign at my center this morning...except it's only 50 a week and I live in the most expensive place in the country...makes sense :/

km3

So I just found out my hub is giving out a $75 weekly attendance bonus as well. If you wanted a piece of that pie, what would y'all grieve that as? Article 6 maybe?

So I just found out my hub is giving out a $75 weekly attendance bonus as well. If you wanted a piece of that pie, what would y'all grieve that as? Article 6 maybe?
I would assume you would have to be a new hire. I just found out our Midnight Hub is paying $80/wk bonus. I am curios as to how long the bonus is good for. Six months, a year?

Satuirus2000

I'm not sure why people don't believe this. They are doing this at Worldport. Anyone PT hired hired in 2016 is eligible for the bonus. Here, from June 1st to Sept 4, if you show up everyday you get an extra $150 a week. However that money will be paid out in one lump sum check in January, so you CAN'T quit before then or you forfeit the bonus.

However, starting Sept 4, if you show up every day with no absences, you get an extra $200 a week added on to your paycheck every week until the end of December! Needless to say a lot of senior employees here are pissed about that, but turnover and lack of workers here is horrific, so they're desperate to get people in here. They did this last year as well, but it was a little different.

km3

I would assume you would have to be a new hire. I just found out our Midnight Hub is paying $80/wk bonus. I am curios as to how long the bonus is good for. Six months, a year?

Shouldn't that be considered a violation of Art. 6?

I'm pretty angry about this. Calling my union hall today.

haller

However, starting Sept 4, if you show up every day with no absences, you get an extra $200 a week added on to your paycheck every week until the end of December! Needless to say a lot of senior employees here are :censored2: about that, but turnover and lack of workers here is horrific, so they're desperate to get people in here. They did this last year as well, but it was a little different.

I'm in Northeast PA and i'd love to have that freebie. Insane.

Alligator

Alien Aligator Here For Your Package
The big hub in Indy has some bonus thing. I believe it was $250 paid out after being there for 2 months. And then another bonus if they stay through Jan. 17.
But I would rather skip the bonus and work for a smaller center. That hub is hell and has problems retaining people.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm really surprised that people don't believe there are bonuses being paid out. We have several new employees working and all of them receive bonuses, I highly doubt they would all lie.

And to be honest, most of these kids I see are pretty good workers. Not all but most.