BonusCenter Equals More Stops, Long Hours, Shrinking Bonus

D

dammor

I'm too tired also. Sleep well.
sleeping.gif

P

proups

CHEVYDOG66: Your statement:

"Exactly!! Management can change standards at will, and they do. In other words they are stealing money from it's employees and their families mouths. Management is padding their pockets and taking money from the drivers which over time directly affects that employees retirement fund. Management is stealing from it's employees!"

This is out of control. You are entitled to your opinion, and this is defintely opinion.....no compelling information here.
enough.gif

T

temp

vote it out if you don't like it... Save them some more money

E

ezrider

Temp-dude,I'm not sure what drivers really think voting bonus out of a building accomplishes.I've been in both systems and the drivers that voted it out don't have any lighter days to show for it.I liked the idea of a driver being rewarded for finding ways to do it faster so long as the commitment to quality was first priority.The building I work out of has around 200 drivers and maybe 20% on a good day make it.

Of that 20% at least 2/3rds of them do it legit.They take lunch,won't pawn off klinker air stops on thier loop partners,and will help others out if called to do so.The others consist of a few perpetual complaint machines that have to be in by 10 minutes to 5PM,and a few cover drivers that run and gun yet never seem to find enough time to pick up the food wrappers and soda cans that they have left scattered throughout the truck after a time-study rampage.

Ironically,two drivers that draw the most fire from the bonus-bashing crowd are the guys that have late pickups with a 730PM commit time that no other drivers would volunteer to make anyway.As far as I'm concerned,they deserve the bonus for showing that commitment day in and day out.They may as well earn it while they can,because the group I see "voting it out" isn't the drivers but the managers.

It's been slowly ushered out the door over the years and will soon be a thing of the past much like that mirage called the 8-hour request.Any drivers out there remember those?