Boots for drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by lovemyupser, Apr 17, 2014.

1. lovemyupser

lovemyupser Member

Okay everyone I need your help. What boots do you recommend for a UPS package car driver. My husband somehow tears his boots up all the time. I am coming to you all for help. I want to get him a nice pair of boots that will hopefully last and are comfortable on his feet. A lot of guys in his hub wear the Nike Air ACG’s but those are really hard to find locally.
  2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

How long is a long time? I buy a new pair every year. Just the way it goes.
  3. Try go to danner's website check out the underpass shoe american made
  4. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Carolina boots - a little pricey but Union made (most of them) and they come in extra-width sizes and can be resoled.
  5. Johnny Paycheck

Johnny Paycheck Speak softly and carry a big stick.

I wear Carolinas. They are pricey, mine were about $120. But the quality on them is real nice. Take him to Northern Tool and make him try some on.
  6. upsmoss

upsmoss New Member

My carhartt boots will be delivered today by no other than UPS. I will give feedback on them once I wear them a couple days. I know some boots need to be broken-in first. (Cost 112.00 off of Amazon) p.s. I am not a driver but a comfortable boot, well is a comfortable boot.
  7. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

I have been wearing Red Wing American made for about 5 years. Same pair. I only wear them in the winter though
  8. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Red wings. I have a winter and a summer pair. With the insoles. Very comfortable and last a long time.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  9. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

I buy the crappiest black work shoes with a no slip sole(sketchers from academy) and have to get new ones every 6 months or so. Only $30 a pop but at least I don't have to worry about keeping nice boots nice. Side note: stepping in a puddle around the 5th month of the shoe means a wet nasty foot the rest of the day.
  10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Remember, work shoes are tax deductible.
  11. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Where the hell do you live that you cant find Nike ACG's......??
  12. Turtle17

Turtle17 New Member

Get him Red Wing Boots. Yes their expensive but need to take care if your feet!!!! Very very good boots and they last!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App
  13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not a chance. Feet problems lead to lots of other problems.
  14. Lizzzow

Lizzzow Is in the hizzzow

Boots? No way not for this metro man. I wear whatever hiking/trail running shoes come in the color brown. Right now I have Columbia hiking shoes. Lightweight and comfortable like a running shoe. I can not stand boots (except in the winter). My feet sweat to much for that. Plus I'm in a smaller center, and they don't give a crap what u wear.
  15. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

We walk about 8, 9, 10 miles a day. No way I'd buy boots again. Only way to go is black work sneakers (New Balance, Sketchers, ect...). $40-$50 and if they go 8 months it's a good deal. Need something light on your feet.
  16. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

I buy my boots at Sears. I don't remember what the name is but they have zippers up the sides in addition to laces on the front. It makes it easier to pull on/off quickly without having to lace up new each time. This is at least my third pair I am wearing now, very comfortable, moderately priced. Keep polish on them and they do pretty good in the rain as long as you don't walk through puddles. I coat the polish on heavy, without buffing, for working in the rain and it turns water pretty good. For regular shoes to wear with shorts I use Sketcher steel toes. I'm wearing my 5th or 6th pair of them now. Sketchers last close to a year, the Sears boots last 3 years probably since I don't wear them as often.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
  17. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Sneakers make my knees and back hurt. Used to love a good pair of New Balance or Puma's. Getting too old...
  18. Johnny Paycheck

Johnny Paycheck Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Whatever they are, make sure they're waterproof for the snow and the rain. My Carolina's are waterproof up to 6 inches.
  19. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yes and no. My accountant told me two months ago that if you are not self-employed then work related expenses can be applied but it has no impact on your return until the expenses exceed 10% of your gross pay for the year.
  20. gingerkat

gingerkat Well-Known Member

I know I haven't been around for a while and I thought I would never say this (all in good fun of course) but… where is Barnyard with his classic response? I was also kinda hoping for some of the other cute pictures from other senior members? :biggrin: