Boots

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One of the benefits of living in NW Oregon is that the Danner factory store in Portland is just under an hour away from my house. I was already up there for a union meeting, and I needed boots, so I went there and got lucky. They were having a sale on their "factory seconds" which are perfectly good boots with minor or even invisible cosmetic blemishes that are sold at a huge discount. The sale was "buy one pair get another at 50% off", and we are talking about $300 boots that have already been marked down to $165 or so. Whatever minor blemishes there are will be meaningless the first time I wear them to work and scuff them up anyway. And the store offers a 15% discount to UPS employees. I spent a total of $220 for 2 pairs of Danner Mountain Lite II boots, waterproof GoreTex lined and made in the USA that normally retail for $300 per pair.....and the best part of all is that my money stayed in Oregon, supporting the family wage jobs of the people who work there.

There is a little sticker with a red arrow on one of the boots. It points to a little tool mark in the rubber of the sole that is so small you cant even see it in the photo, and its the reason that these boots are considered "seconds". That mark will be scuffed over after an hour or two on the first day I wear them to work, and in 5 or 6 months I will take the boots back to the factory and spend about $80 apiece to get them re-soled. Danner boots are the best boots money can buy.
boots.jpg

bigblu 2 you

the green laces do not comply with ups dress code.you will be walked out and must recite the 10 point commentary backwards before re-entry.seriously those look great and the made in usa makes them better.i used to buy only dexter brand boots but they are no longer.

I got my fathers day gift for myself today. A $500 Craftsman lawnmower that was used twice and taken back. I paid $290 for it and I'm as happy as can be.

soberups

the green laces do not comply with ups dress code.you will be walked out and must recite the 10 point commentary backwards before re-entry.seriously those look great and the made in usa makes them better.i used to buy only dexter brand boots but they are no longer.

I cant even recite it forward. Fortunately, I have a drawer full of black laces so the green ones get tossed.:happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I married a dishwasher. Should have married a lawnmower also!

I fathered two lawnmowers. If either of my sons wanting any allowance, they pushed that thing around the yard. I think I have cut grass about two or three times the last eight to ten years.

I married a dishwasher. Should have married a lawnmower also!
My wife married a dishwasher also. I never wanted to be like my father. He didn't do house work so try to be a better helper for my wife. Plus my daughter will always see this and set her sights on a man who isnt afraid to do it all.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
danner had a sale online that was for friends and family only and was 40%off or something so i ordered three pair and never received them. I guess the 10,000 orders or so didn't ship either. Oho well, guess I will stay with timberlands.

soberups

I fathered two lawnmowers. If either of my sons wanting any allowance, they pushed that thing around the yard. I think I have cut grass about two or three times the last eight to ten years.

My dad bought himself a riding lawn mower....a week after I moved out. Jerk!

soberups

Best boots I've ever owned, Stay away from the GTX series though, they're made overseas.

I was really disappointed when they came out with their lower end Chinese boots, but I guess its a matter of economic survival for them. They still make the good stuff here and that is the only kind I will ever buy.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I got a pair of boots from Cabela's that are made from kangaroo. I know. I'm sorry the kangaroo had to die, but he was already dead when I bought the boots. Anyways, they are very light. Haven't worn out. Wore them on preload before I went full time. I love them. Been 6 years.

soberups

never head of them...i have been wearing Dr.Martens for about 25 years..

Doc Martens are good boots but a lot of them are being made in China now. If I bought Doc Martens I would only wear the ones that are still made in the U.K. since their enviormental and child-labor laws are comparable to our own.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Used to wear doc martens, but trash since being Chinese boots now the quality is not there. Those Danners look good but maybe heavy too? (64 oz. ) Since I switched over to new balance I have become spoiled towards lightweight boots. You got me thinking more about the source though. Always cool to see what other drivers are wearing to make the machine least longer.

guinness413

Doc Martens are good boots but a lot of them are being made in China now. If I bought Doc Martens I would only wear the ones that are still made in the U.K. since their enviormental and child-labor laws are comparable to our own.
the ones i wear are the "vintage line"..still made in the UK..price about $100 more than the china jobs,but its worth it..