Boss keeps screwing up my paycheck?!

watdaflock?

I was suppose to get paid for an option day two weeks ago which never was on my paycheck. After a discussion with my boss last week, he apologized and said everything is fixed and I'd see it on this weeks check.
Checking UPS'ers first thing this AM, to my frustration still no option day paid out.

Leads to another question, would UPS maybe have cut a hard-copy "hot paycheck" for the adjustment and there's a paper check at the hub, that I'm not aware of? I'm paperless and normally receive direct deposit.

Difficult to simply trust your boss after he tells you for two weeks, "Everything is fixed. You're fine now. I apologize." So I thought I'd come ask here. Because I trusted him to really have fixed it, is it too late (now) to file a grievance?

What are my options here?
thanks

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Filing greivances isn't personal, it's no different when you get a warning letter. In both cases the offending party allegedly violated an agreement. Also in both cases, if it isn't in writing, it never happened.

Hope folks learn a lesson from the OP's situation.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
File a grievance ASAP requesting pay for your option day plus 1/2 of your daily guarantee. The penalty pay does pyramid for every pay period the error is not corrected.

Nimnim

The Nim
Correcting a pay code before the week is done is simple and just adds it to the weekly check, paying out an option day when you've worked every scheduled day isn't as simple. It was most likely cut as a live check with higher taxes as they couldn't substitute a day the following week with it.

I've never had an option day paid out after the week I expected it aside from end of the year payouts if I had any leftover so I don't know if it shows up on the upsers site as another check or whatnot.

You can file a grievance to get it paid out if it hasn't but I don't think there'd be any penalties on it, certainly could be wrong on this.

Really though if you don't need the money just use it another time. I've had times I've called in and it wasn't coded for an option day. I wasn't hurting for money so I took the loss knowing I'd have another day later in the year I'll get paid for. They also can't discipline you for attendance if they fail to code your option days and you still have some left.

oldngray

nowhere special
Correcting a pay code before the week is done is simple and just adds it to the weekly check, paying out an option day when you've worked every scheduled day isn't as simple. It was most likely cut as a live check with higher taxes as they couldn't substitute a day the following week with it.

I've never had an option day paid out after the week I expected it aside from end of the year payouts if I had any leftover so I don't know if it shows up on the upsers site as another check or whatnot.

You can file a grievance to get it paid out if it hasn't but I don't think there'd be any penalties on it, certainly could be wrong on this.

Really though if you don't need the money just use it another time. I've had times I've called in and it wasn't coded for an option day. I wasn't hurting for money so I took the loss knowing I'd have another day later in the year I'll get paid for. They also can't discipline you for attendance if they fail to code your option days and you still have some left.

Agreed. You will get your money. Its just a paperwork error. Nothing to get excited about.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Screenshot_2016-06-23-10-47-28.png
I was suppose to get paid for an option day two weeks ago which never was on my paycheck. After a discussion with my boss last week, he apologized and said everything is fixed and I'd see it on this weeks check.
Checking UPS'ers first thing this AM, to my frustration still no option day paid out.

Leads to another question, would UPS maybe have cut a hard-copy "hot paycheck" for the adjustment and there's a paper check at the hub, that I'm not aware of? I'm paperless and normally receive direct deposit.

Difficult to simply trust your boss after he tells you for two weeks, "Everything is fixed. You're fine now. I apologize." So I thought I'd come ask here. Because I trusted him to really have fixed it, is it too late (now) to file a grievance?

What are my options here?
thanks
Wrong....they are not going to cut you a separate check if you have DD. Your boss did not put in a payroll adjustment....it's that simple. I just had a similar problem last week (i have DD also).....I was supposed to get holiday pay for a floating holiday (Election day for Local 804) and double time for working that day. Instead I was paid as a regular day..and my paycheck was short. My manager corrected it in this week's check. It should show up as "Adjustment"

You have the option to file a grievance. However....unless you really need the cash, this means you still have an option day to take in the future. I'd say screw it and take it another time.