Boxline Breakdowns and Accidents

Wooo......
boxlinemetro.jpg

I love it when you replace the pin and you think you are back rolling. Then that one breaks. Then another. Those damn pins don't go on trees.

Integrity

Binge Poster
They do that at the end of the sort so nobody recycles their missorts back to the slide when nobody is there to resort them.
upschuck,

That may be the case but in this instance why do you see packages in the bottom?

If you look closely the issue here seems to be a broken shelf on the top that will make the top and middle unsafe and unusable.

Sincerely,
I

upschuck

upschuck,

That may be the case but in this instance why do you see packages in the bottom?

If you look closely the issue here seems to be a broken shelf on the top that will make the top and middle unsafe and unusable.

Sincerely,
I
Usually the silver cage is for recycles. Bad photo, really can't tell if shelf is broken or not. Looks more like a broken wheel since if is touching the green cage on top. Hard to tell

Integrity

Binge Poster
Usually the silver cage is for recycles. Bad photo, really can't tell if shelf is broken or not. Looks more like a broken wheel since if is touching the green cage on top. Hard to tell
upschuck,

Clearly broken self top left weld.

Cages always bump on the incline.

Do you have much experience working around boxlines?

Sincerely,
I

upschuck

upschuck,

Clearly broken self top left weld.

Cages always bump on the incline.

Do you have much experience working around boxlines?

Sincerely,
I
Yes, but usually not tilted that much. Nothing is clear in that picture, but the top two look parallel. Looks like the green span is bowed out a bit as well.

upschuck

upschuck,

Ever experience or have knowledge of any significant injuries or breakdowns associated with these types of contraptions?

Sincerely,
I
Just the occasional chain busting, or coming off track. No injuries that I am aware of.

Funny how these are about 5ft deep, and they only want the arm, no part of body, in them.

What is your point?

Why do you thing they break one after the other?

Sincerely,
I
It is difficult to line up the two pin holes. You have to start and stop the motor in order to align them. Once aligned you drop in the pin. After a pin is inserted they often break the first time the box line is started.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It is difficult to line up the two pin holes. You have to start and stop the motor in order to align them. Once aligned you drop in the pin. After a pin is inserted they often break the first time the box line is started.

Have you ever done this?

And

Why do they break again?

Sincerely,
I