Boy are we in for it!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I bet your boss said the same thing about you when you first qualified. Ha Ha. Give them a couple years and they will be fine.
Nah I was killing it after first week of driving, and was killing it on preload. Had 3 guys inside trailer unloading on me at end of shift and still killing them boys. Was running 3 jobs at 1 time while working preload at 1 point for 6 months. No silver spoon here homeboy, was always bout survival mentality, out the door at 18, no home with mammy and pappy til 25 like these kids nowadays lmfao.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ill give it 50-50 on some of these kids. The ones who aren't soft will be ok and the ones who are little bitches, don't know bout them lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You are a stud.
Nah just good work ethic and had to work my nuttz off if I wanted anything. Never had the mentality I wanted to be broke as a joke working part time at the SLAVESHOP unlike a lot of these folks who work part time at UPS. Your going to be broke as a joke if you only work UPS part time and nowhere else. I never struggled while only working part time here because of my other jobs I had simultaneously. That's just some peoples mentality that work part time here. Don't wanna here that junk from part timers who are just content on being average and broke as a joke. Do something about it ya know. Are there exceptions like kids who go to school and people with kids? Of course there are but those are the ones im excluding from the normal scenario lol.

TheFigurehead

Honestly no.....all PTers....some with under a year though.....just a sad state of affairs with the younger generation of employees

Honestly, it's not a generational thing.

UPS, with implied permission from our union, has made starting at UPS far less than worthwhile. You get what you pay for. If your starting pay is less than the typical Taco Bell, you are going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for employees. The reality of the situation is that if most people can find easier jobs, with more hours, and better pay, what are you left with? Lazy kids, ex-cons, and crazy people. These are the people who couldn't get a Mcjob. I'm not sure why UPS or anyone who works there would expect any different from the people they hire.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Honestly, it's not a generational thing.

UPS, with implied permission from our union, has made starting at UPS far less than worthwhile. You get what you pay for. If your starting pay is less than the typical Taco Bell, you are going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for employees. The reality of the situation is that if most people can find easier jobs, with more hours, and better pay, what are you left with? Lazy kids, ex-cons, and crazy people. These are the people who couldn't get a Mcjob. I'm not sure why UPS or anyone who works there would expect any different from the people they hire.
This is true. For about 5 years I've been looking at our part timers saying tell me who is driver out of that group. I was wrong on 2 people. One bucked up made it and is a debent driver the other never made numbers but they needed drivers and he's been a whiny little bitch from day 1.

It is also generational though. Not one of the people that has applied for off the street (I'm talking 10 open spots) has been under 30-35

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We met with the center manager and BA today and during the meeting the center manager mentioned he had to hire 16 more casuals in the next month. The lot of us ignored the obvious how are you going to hire AND train 16 guys in a month and instead pointed out that many of the casuals quit a week into December when the real peak starts and asked if this year there would be a contingency plan or if it would just be a big surprise again that there would be attrition that would need to be filled. He said we can only hire 16 and if they quit, they quit. Yep, this peak is going to be MUCH different. Management hasn't learned jack :censored2:, except how to talk a big game.