Boycott The Survey

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's that time of year that they try to get us to complete the annual Employee Engagement survey. A buddy pointed out that this year one of the first questions is "What is your sexual orientation?"

The surveys are supposedly anonymous, however they're connected to our supervisors and they ask about years of service, etc so it wouldn't take much to figure out who answered what. That being said...that question is completely irrelevant and invasive.

I encourage you to join me in boycotting their dumb invasive survey.

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It's that time of year that they try to get us to complete the annual survey. A buddy pointed out that this year one of the first questions is "What is your sexual orientation?"

The surveys are supposedly anonymous, however they're connected to our supervisors and they ask about years of service, etc so it wouldn't take much to figure out who answered what. That being said...that question is completely irrelevant and invasive.

Have you actually seen that question? I would imagine that definitely falls under EEOC stuff and cannot imagine UPS trying to throw that out there. Screw that if that question is on there, I will boycott it. That's no one's business straight or gay.

scooby0048

It is on there. It does have an option of, rather not say, but can't believe they asked it.
That's ridiculous! Do gay / lesbians work differently than straight folks. I'd be willing to bet they ask so the company can get credit, like "look we hire all types of people here" where's our tax break.

scooby0048

I agree but I wouldn't discard the whole survey just for one question.
And on that note, does taking the survey help make positive changes like it should? Next, they will be asking about our personal habits like do we gamble, drink, have sex fetishes, etc...

scooby0048

If you like your boss the survey is a farce. You can't honestly answer about how screwed up things are without negatively impacting your sup.
A+!!!

That's the problem though, the survey should be used as a building tool and not something to penalize because you're absolutely right it would negatively impact the sup if we were honest.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I have never seen any impact whatsoever on employee relations due to results from the survey. They pay me to take it. I write a novel on the comment section and go home knowing nothing will change.

After giving them more than my 2 cents worth several years in a row, I haven't been asked to participate for the past few years. Management knows who they don't want commenting on this survey.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
It's that time of year that they try to get us to complete the annual Employee Engagement survey. A buddy pointed out that this year one of the first questions is "What is your sexual orientation?"

Enlighten me on the Employee Engagement survey.

Is it similar to the ERI survey? You know, the one that, the Dragon types kiss your ass minutes before you take it?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

They probably ask for gender to get an idea about satisfaction between genders. As in women having a harder time than men in some areas while men facing more difficulty in others.