Boycott The Survey

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Feb 19, 2015.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

It's that time of year that they try to get us to complete the annual Employee Engagement survey. A buddy pointed out that this year one of the first questions is "What is your sexual orientation?"

The surveys are supposedly anonymous, however they're connected to our supervisors and they ask about years of service, etc so it wouldn't take much to figure out who answered what. That being said...that question is completely irrelevant and invasive.

I encourage you to join me in boycotting their dumb invasive survey.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Have you actually seen that question? I would imagine that definitely falls under EEOC stuff and cannot imagine UPS trying to throw that out there. Screw that if that question is on there, I will boycott it. That's no one's business straight or gay.

3. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Can't you just not answer that question?

4. scooby0048

There should be no reason the question is on there in the first place.

5. BusterBrownMA

BusterBrownMA New Member

It is on there. It does have an option of, rather not say, but can't believe they asked it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. scooby0048

That's ridiculous! Do gay / lesbians work differently than straight folks. I'd be willing to bet they ask so the company can get credit, like "look we hire all types of people here" where's our tax break.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I strongly disagree.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. D....none of the above.

9. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

I agree but I wouldn't discard the whole survey just for one question.

10. scooby0048

And on that note, does taking the survey help make positive changes like it should? Next, they will be asking about our personal habits like do we gamble, drink, have sex fetishes, etc...

11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

D....all of the above

12. scooby0048

Should have added smoking in there as well. Then I could also check off all the above!

13. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

If you like your boss the survey is a farce. You can't honestly answer about how screwed up things are without negatively impacting your sup.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Hard to decide!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. scooby0048

A+!!!

That's the problem though, the survey should be used as a building tool and not something to penalize because you're absolutely right it would negatively impact the sup if we were honest.

16. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

I have never seen any impact whatsoever on employee relations due to results from the survey. They pay me to take it. I write a novel on the comment section and go home knowing nothing will change.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

I haven't taken part of this joke for years now.... They just say you don't want to take it right......I just stare blankly at them and they walk away.

18. After giving them more than my 2 cents worth several years in a row, I haven't been asked to participate for the past few years. Management knows who they don't want commenting on this survey.

19. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Enlighten me on the Employee Engagement survey.

Is it similar to the ERI survey? You know, the one that, the Dragon types kiss your ass minutes before you take it?

20. They probably ask for gender to get an idea about satisfaction between genders. As in women having a harder time than men in some areas while men facing more difficulty in others.