Boycott The Survey

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
They probably ask for gender to get an idea about satisfaction between genders. As in women having a harder time than men in some areas while men facing more difficulty in others.

Al Sharpton and friends think you're toeing the company line right now...
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1424410194.690596.jpg

BrownTexas

I always boycott the survey. The sups don't care if you give them crappy feedback. They get credit for every warm body that takes it. Therefore I don't participate.

It's that time of year that they try to get us to complete the annual Employee Engagement survey. A buddy pointed out that this year one of the first questions is "What is your sexual orientation?"

The surveys are supposedly anonymous, however they're connected to our supervisors and they ask about years of service, etc so it wouldn't take much to figure out who answered what. That being said...that question is completely irrelevant and invasive.

I encourage you to join me in boycotting their dumb invasive survey.
I agree but I would hit the bisexuality one just to spice it up for them.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I was about to punch out one Saturday morning and the dispatcher said I had to take it right then. We still had a week or so to take it. I told him so. He said I had to do it then. I told him that if I had to take it when I was wanting to get my weekend started, I might have more negative answers than normal. I took it, alright. My on road sup was pist, cause he said it reflected on him, not the dispatcher. Oh well.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
They aren't interested in my advice on how to properly run my route that I spend 10+ months a year on, why would they be soliciting my advice on how to run their operations as a whole?

I refuse to take it every year. ORION can take it for me.

stray

i just did the ERI on tuesday and that question wasn't there. they shortened it a bit and there are some newer questions from the last time i was "randomly" selected. personally, i'd think everyone would want to complete the survey, especially the two comment sections at the end. this is the only opportunity drivers have to inform upper level management about issues in their workgroup.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is the question right before or after, "what gender are you"?

I always thought, a better survey would be: List the top 3 problems, as you see them at UPS.

Packmule

The questions on these things are carefully crafted to avoid bringing up any real issues. The comment section is to make partakers feel productive, but probably gets tossed. The whole thing is designed to reassure the stockholders there is only happiness and positive at UPS.
Sad that they don't want to really use it improve things.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Does anyone here genuinely believe that the comments section is actually reviewed by upper management?

News flash: they're the ones that care the least about what you think.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I always enjoyed the questions about trusting your management team. And do you think they will listen to you and implement changes that employees bring to their attention. yeahrightsure. It seems like they ask the same questions several times, just slightly change the wordings.

upschuck

, i'd think everyone would want to complete the survey, especially the two comment sections at the end. this is the only opportunity drivers have to inform upper level management about issues in their workgroup.
I would be really surprised if any of those essays were actually read. I think they just put that section in there to make the employee taking it, to feel they actually had input into the operations in the company. Has anyone's responses in that section ever been addressed? None here have been.