Boycott The Survey

shagNasty

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1426319959.341927.jpg
Finally took the survey today. I was offended that transgender wasn't an option. On a completely separate note, I may need a few months off. I need to have a "surgery".

It's that time of year that they try to get us to complete the annual Employee Engagement survey. A buddy pointed out that this year one of the first questions is "What is your sexual orientation?"

The surveys are supposedly anonymous, however they're connected to our supervisors and they ask about years of service, etc so it wouldn't take much to figure out who answered what. That being said...that question is completely irrelevant and invasive.

I encourage you to join me in boycotting their dumb invasive survey.
I took it and told them in the survey that I was bisexual. I'm not but I sure thought it was funny. Then I told all my boys and we got a good laugh out of it. I also snapped a pick and sent it out to my wife a Ba or two and the boys. It was hilarious

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I don't see where it is any of their business.

It isn't. I declined to answer. I also declined to answer the question about my race. Some numb nut in Atlanta convinced a person with enough authority to give it a green light, it was a good idea.

I guarantee you, they're following this thread. And to them I say, "The hell were you thinking?" That question has ACLU written all over it.

Bet it won't be there next year.

FEGuy

What's wrong with you people? Ever hear of demographics? The statistical data of a population? Pretty routinely asked in surveys. Could it possibly be why they ask sexual orientation? Nah.
As far as wanting us employees to participate in the survey, yet not caring what your responses are...you seem to be putting the cart in front of the horse. They need to get participation in order for the survey to "count", so yeah, they want participation first. The results are what they are, but pointless if no one participates.
Of course this just seems natural to me, as I am not some conspiracy theorist.
Work, do my job, take the survey or not, donate to UW or not, whatever.
It takes all kinds, I suppose.