Boycott The Survey

DOK

Also, in your center is the survey being taken on a computer that is in a location that gives you some sense of privacy? Ours is given on a computer in the Diad office where there is always a bunch of employees mingling. Extremely unprofessional to administer the survey in a setting like that, in my opinion.

BrownArmy

What's wrong with you people? Ever hear of demographics? The statistical data of a population? Pretty routinely asked in surveys. Could it possibly be why they ask sexual orientation? Nah.
As far as wanting us employees to participate in the survey, yet not caring what your responses are...you seem to be putting the cart in front of the horse. They need to get participation in order for the survey to "count", so yeah, they want participation first. The results are what they are, but pointless if no one participates.
Of course this just seems natural to me, as I am not some conspiracy theorist.
Work, do my job, take the survey or not, donate to UW or not, whatever.
It takes all kinds, I suppose.

You nailed it, didn't you?

The survey results are less important than the survey participation percentage.

So, why bother with the survey?

Why bother at all?

If it's just to fulfill some sort of 'participation' metric, then go nuts.

Hey, we all 'FILLED OUT' the survey!

Winner!

Bollocks.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You can always tell when it's survey time again. The loads get lighter, the nonsensical splits get fewer, and the management team actually acts human.

When I took it, the head trainer filed out the first few questions for me, including the sexual orientation question, I seen it as he did it. But I agree the survey is pure bs

When I took it, the head trainer filed out the first few questions for me, including the sexual orientation question, I seen it as he did it. But I agree the survey is pure bs

OPTION3

"We really need more unicorns and bluebirds spreading rose petals and fairy dust. Other than that, we're wonderful."
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1427141598.477507.jpg

thessalonian13

It's that time of year that they try to get us to complete the annual Employee Engagement survey. A buddy pointed out that this year one of the first questions is "What is your sexual orientation?"

The surveys are supposedly anonymous, however they're connected to our supervisors and they ask about years of service, etc so it wouldn't take much to figure out who answered what. That being said...that question is completely irrelevant and invasive.

I encourage you to join me in boycotting their dumb invasive survey.
I have not taken that survey in over 10 years. I will certainly boycott it. LOL