Break and work area

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Are you obligated to leave your break area before it ends to make it back to your work area on time? Common sense says that a 10 minute break is a 10 minute break, and leaving your break area before your 10 minutes is up is bs.

PT Car Washer

in my building they call one minute over the intercom so people can return to their areas on time. The smokers get a two minute warning. I remember for years we didn't get a formal break.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Are you obligated to leave your break area before it ends to make it back to your work area on time? Common sense says that a 10 minute break is a 10 minute break, and leaving your break area before your 10 minutes is up is bs.
if your start time is say 2am...and you pull into the parking lot at 1:58....you will be late to work. Being at your work area, ready to work at your start time is being on time. I would assume the same applies to breaks. If you leave the break area after 10 min and it takes you 4 more min to walk back to your work area...you are technically late.

Last edited:

Johney

if your start time is say 2am...and you pull into the parking lot at 1:58....you will be late to work. Being at your work area, ready to work at your start time is being on time. I would assume the same applies to breaks. If you leave the break area after 10 min and it takes you 4 more min to walk back to your work area...you are technically late.
4 minutes to break room, 2 minute break, 4 minutes back to work area? Man that sucks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
4 minutes to break room, 2 minute break, 4 minutes back to work area? Man that sucks.
for me it's 45 seconds to smoking area...smoke two cigarettes usually while texting...45 seconds back to trucks..lol. My bathroom break is done on ups time..not my break time..lol. The ladies room is on the other side of the building near small sort...a good two minute walk each way.

for me it's 45 seconds to smoking area...smoke two cigarettes usually while texting...45 seconds back to trucks..lol. My bathroom break is done on ups time..not my break time..lol. The ladies room is on the other side of the building near small sort...a good two minute walk each way.
I thought you went In the mens room! Accidentally on purpose!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Well, thats not how I see it. A break means youre free to do whatever you want for the duration of the break. Starting work is different.

browntroll

are you required to leave work area to take a break? i had to replace one guy for pickoff so he can take his break
and guy refused to leave was standing right behind me the whole time. theres barely enough room for 1 person my size now
i had to deal with someone breathing down my neck. if im lucky he sits on a side belt but he still ends up kicking me or i bump into his feet.

mixyo

Dispatcher
I just stay at the dock. A lot of people go out to smoke but it's quite a walk from my part of the building to the "designated smoking area". Those people are always getting yelled at when they return from break 1 minute late.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Take break at your work area. At my hub everybody sits on the bench, empty carts, and the stairs leading to the catwalk. The only reason to go to a break area is you want some fresh air and you won't get that with 20 people out there smoking.

wage EARNER

If your sup says anything for being late, put a hand to your ear and ask him to repeat it a couple times. Then say, 'Oh, did they call 2 minutes?'