Breakfast for preload and drivers

tarbar66

I just heard from a driver's wife that my old center had a nice spread for the center.

I was told this was the 1st time in 4 years that any money was spent for Christmas food! The new center manager must have been the reason:happy2:

TheDick

We've had nachos and chili dogs in the AM and PM.
I think the center manager paid himself but might have used the company amex.

Johney

First time in 24 peaks we had nothing in the AM or PM. Although the other center in my building had food tonight.

tourists24

We had 2 days this peak with food,,, but everything was done by teamster workers..... mgt did zero,,, we have some good hourlys that can work a full day and then plan a spread for all the drivers... hats off to em

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I heard we had some dried out chicken and jo jos. I prefered cold beer and my dogs. But the effort was nice.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our other center sent a driver to McDonald's to buy 200 breakfast sandwiches and our center had donuts and bagels. True Story.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had McDonald's Sausage McMuffins, Breakfast Burritos, and some weird spaghetti concoction that somebody made. I was surprised we got anything. My Sausage Egg McMuffin didn't have an egg on it. I finally left the building at 9:47 because of late air. My supervisor was there at 8 PM when I made it back to shake my hand and thank me for the job I did. My center manager was long gone.........so much for tradition.

Last edited:

old levi's

blank space
We had McDonald's Sausage McMuffins, Breakfast Burritos, and some weird spaghetti concoction that somebody made. I was surprised we got anything. My Sausage Egg McMuffin didn't have an egg on it. I finally left the building at 9:47 with because of late air. My supervisor was there at 8 PM when I made it back to shake my hand and thank me for the job I did. My center manager was long gone.........so much for tradition.
No one was there at 2145.

bumped

The center here wanted to do the breakfast spread as usual before Christmas, but was told by the District that there was no money for it.

I

IslandGirl

There's money...someone just has to talk a supervisor into it...and then do all the work..
(Plus,the Amex card holder's acct has to be up to date...which means submitting all receipts,photocopied first..form filed out and filed.)

Ordered 10 platters of munchies yesterday..after convincing the sup this was better than a cake with Amazon,UPS,etc logos on it..really?

Picked them up this morning @630AM..this is one OMS who wasn't late..and made sure there was plenty for all..

It just takes someone who cares..

menotyou

bella amicizia
The center here wanted to do the breakfast spread as usual before Christmas, but was told by the District that there was no money for it.
We have the opposite problem. The DM has to order them to do it here. Too cheap, even though the company supplies the money.

Here we have it but they had to call it a quarterly safety cookout rather than an actual thank you for getting us through another peak meal. I guess showing appreciation for what it is exceeds the ivory towers vision.

They did have lots of good food and I`ll give management credit for telling guys to go get something to eat in the slow periods regardless of the fact they weren`t on lunch.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Heard through the grape vine that food was offered at my center. Unfortunately none of it ever makes it up to me in the TP60!