Breaking news shop stewards from old guard want to be one again

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In my experience the only time people run for steward is when members ask them too because of a bad environment and they think they can straighten out the mess the prior regime got them into

With the old guard stewards looking to come back I haven't heard not one person say on here that they are wasting there time..........the new guard stewards must not be very effective and the new administration sounds to me like its unravelling
Well I agree. What's interesting is that a Ba would start a thread on this forum about it. It must be a real worry for them. Their entire e board is on this forum and outs much stock in its influence. So much that they tried unsuccessfully to start their own cafe. Look it up.

Sounds like the BA has been playing the games. I've never heard someone complain more about members wanting to get involved Cheetah.
Turning your local over to TDU usually has this effect. It's all good at the beginning then when they figure out that there's no experience it's a domino effect about a year later.

street walking cheetah

251 cafe was started by a few of the quitter stewards. Stink load being one of them. The new admin had a website for years before winning the election. Last I checked it's been offline since they took office.

If someone wants a steward election, go through the process and do it. I just think the quitter stewards are hypocrites because of their adamant opposition to steward elections.
Being a steward it's hard to distance yourself for your job but if you feel strongly enough that a ship is in the wrong path you have to go with what you believe in. TDU really sucks man. You'll see.

street walking cheetah

Now you are getting desperate. Desperation reeks.
You made the assumption, I pointed out my observation.
Since the new admin runs the Local's website, Facebook and Twitter pages (all so much better then the old administration's tired old website), why would they bother with a stupid 251 cafe? Have you read that waste of time page? 3 people with 10 screen names talking trash.
Kinda like this site.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Now you are getting desperate. Desperation reeks.
It's easy to criticize a local on the Internet and question everything they do.........but then people realize how good their old leadership was and want it back(I'm talking about stewards in 251)and the people in power now are the ones being criticized and they don't like it.............on this forum I learned no matter who is in power people are going to complain and criticize them

Since the new admin runs the Local's website, Facebook and Twitter pages (all so much better then the old administration's tired old website), why would they bother with a stupid 251 cafe? Have you read that waste of time page? 3 people with 10 screen names talking trash.
Kinda like this site.
It's your story.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Kinda like this site.
Your saying your local administration runs your website? Or is it outsourced?

street walking cheetah

Your saying your local administration runs your website? Or is it outsourced?
Did the old guys run the website themselves? I'm pretty sure they didn't know how to turn a computer on.
Unless you have staff to do the work, I'm pretty sure you hire someone or a company to do what you need done.
I know the PO has a computer background, so he would have his hand in it as well as content approval.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Did the old guys run the website themselves? I'm pretty sure they didn't know how to turn a computer on.
Unless you have staff to do the work, I'm pretty sure you hire someone or a company to do what you need done.
I know the PO has a computer background, so he would have his hand in it as well as content approval.
Does anyone in that hall run the site?

wreckingball251

I checked out this 251cafe.com website and honestly, There are some good debates. seems like people lose the debate and disappear!!!

Steward elections are fine if that is what was stuck too. Seems BA at UPS 251 doesnt mind just appointing people when he wants and neither does BA at RIH.
If your gonna make a rule stick to it, dont belittle another administration when your doing the same thing. The Old guard as you call them probably didnt want to be part of the mess you were about to creat, but now realizes they need to clean it up, from what Im hearing local 251 needs alot of Housekeeping.
So busy getting peteitions signed for PO who has been in office for not even 2yrs seeking a higher office in International Local 251 must have been a stepping stone.. Dont think your memebers arent paying attention to it.We vote you in and your already to abandon us for bigger and better, nice job MT.