breaking the rules

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
This happened to me yesterday:

Had a delivery for a one chair hair salon. Note on the door said "gone to the doctor's----be back around 3". She is a regular customer and we have a good customer/driver relationship.

Would you have:

A. Placed the package behind the big flower pot by the door and signed your name.

B. Left a delivery notice.

I chose A.
Come on....................
image.jpg

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Had a delivery for a one chair hair salon. Note on the door said "gone to the doctor's----be back around 3". She is a regular customer and we have a good customer/driver relationship.

Would you have:

A. Placed the package behind the big flower pot by the door and signed your name.

I chose A.

Or C. Follow the methods. Try an alternate delivery point or re attempt.

Or leave your number on the info notice and get them to meet you if you want to get rid of it so bad.

Signing your name makes you liable for theft if it occurred if someone steals it, and she tracks it seeing you signed for it, guess what? She will call in a concern and you're done. Doesn't matter how "good " a customer, when their stuff goes missing and you signed for it, they'll want your ass.

I think you flaunt stories like this because you think it makes you look like such a great employee. It doesn't. It makes you look like a liability that eventually UPS and your management team will get tired of having to explain your total disregard for the correct way to do the job.

Someone bigger than your center manager will get tired of seeing your name attached to dishonest shady concerns.

Then you won't have to wait to retire, they'll do it for you. And if I was your union rep, I'd let that fight go

Fragile

Would you have:

I chose A.

To anyone reading this that does not post on the forum... Do not do this.... ever, you'll get fired.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Our center has posted a list of the number of "acceptable" paid send agains listed by route. I am allowed 2, which includes any NDA attempted at a known closure.
And your point is ??????? Allowed? If I had none one day and 10 the next, so be it. The hell with their reports. I just tried to do the right thing for the customer. If customer was not there, I would make every attempt to redeliver later in the day.

wayfair

swollen member
If customer was not there, I would make every attempt to redeliver later in the day.

You're paid to make 1 delivery attempt a day. Always CYA. Will Call/SDWC is always an option.
Keeps you off the padding miles report, especially with ORIOn

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
You're paid to make 1 delivery attempt a day. Always CYA. Will Call/SDWC is always an option.
Keeps you off the padding miles report, especially with ORIOn
Thanks for your advice, though I am retired now. I never (thankfully) experienced Orion.

SCV good to go sir.

Would you have:

I chose A.

Dude... I refuse to believe this.

Fragile

or have to pay for the merch...

Nope. It's a integrity issue. You knowingly falsified someone's signature. You lied. Whether you did it for the customer or maliciously it doesn't matter.

Actually so do I. I think he says a lot of things to get everyone on this forum worked up. Which is fine, because that's pretty funny. Unfortunately when someone reads it and acts on it there will be repercussions.

Johney

Or C. Follow the methods. Try an alternate delivery point or re attempt.

Or leave your number on the info notice and get them to meet you if you want to get rid of it so bad.

Signing your name makes you liable for theft if it occurred if someone steals it, and she tracks it seeing you signed for it, guess what? She will call in a concern and you're done. Doesn't matter how "good " a customer, when their stuff goes missing and you signed for it, they'll want your ass.

I think you flaunt stories like this because you think it makes you look like such a great employee. It doesn't. It makes you look like a liability that eventually UPS and your management team will get tired of having to explain your total disregard for the correct way to do the job.

Someone bigger than your center manager will get tired of seeing your name attached to dishonest shady concerns.

Then you won't have to wait to retire, they'll do it for you. And if I was your union rep, I'd let that fight go

Nope. It's a integrity issue. You knowingly falsified someone's signature. You lied. Whether you did it for the customer or maliciously it doesn't matter.

Actually so do I. I think he says a lot of things to get everyone on this forum worked up. Which is fine, because that's pretty funny. Unfortunately when someone reads it and acts on it there will be repercussions.
You know I'm starting to believe all Upstates stories are all B.S.. I think he just makes them all up to instigate us into talking about him in post after post. I'm sorry but he openly tells all who he is on here and if this site is truly monitored by UPS there is no way in hell someone somewhere would not call his DM and say something. Remember STUG? So he either isn't who he says he is or it's all B.S..

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You know I'm starting to believe all Upstates stories are all B.S.. I think he just makes them all up to instigate us into talking about him in post after post. I'm sorry but he openly tells all who he is on here and if this site is truly monitored by UPS there is no way in hell someone somewhere would not call his DM and say something. Remember STUG? So he either isn't who he says he is or it's all B.S..

The funny thing is, we all know what city he lives in, he's posted his picture several times and once, quite a while ago, he posted his name.

If anyone cared, in ten minutes on Google, you could have his address and phone number.

arice11

As a driver helper I've had to make fictitious signatures before. The whole neighborhood was practically gated and they were mostly cops living there so very few were ever home.
Maybe one day I will have to forge the name Marcellus Wallace or something cooler like Reese Without-her-Spoon.

Attachments

• 10393733_10152673784286395_9053831420959627679_n.jpg
    10393733_10152673784286395_9053831420959627679_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 95

Johney

The funny thing is, we all know what city he lives in, he's posted his picture several times and once, quite a while ago, he posted his name.

If anyone cared, in ten minutes on Google, you could have his address and phone number.
No one does(see highlight),BOG or no BOG if half the crap he spews is true there is no way that someone would not say anything about his blatant disregard for methods. Again if UPS really does monitor this site and I think STUG proved they do. I think he's just blowing smoke.