Breathing in a lot of debris/dust at work

The trailers and the facility itself is really dusty. And I find myself constantly breathing in this dust. And I get coughing fits. This dust gets especially bad when irregs are dropped or when I'm cleaning up skids.

I'm starting to fear for my health.

I've noticed some workers wear masks. But most people don't wear masks.

Should I start wearing a mask or would that be stupid?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The trailers and the facility itself is really dusty. And I find myself constantly breathing in this dust. And I get coughing fits. This dust gets especially bad when irregs are dropped or when I'm cleaning up skids.

FFS do what you want. They will not allow us to wear masks in my building. I've got 9 years of hub dust, dirt and diesel fumes in my lungs...and the black hub snot boogers you blow out of your nose after working a shift. Thia is not a job you stay clean while doing....get used to it.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Wear a mask or don't. If you want to cough and breath in dust then don't wear one, if you want peace of mind, then wear one. Nobody is going to think you look stupid. Kind of a simple solution.

oldngray

nowhere special
What would Taylor Swift do?
Swift.gif

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Follow up question ::

Boxes are dirty at my hub. I find myself getting dirty all the time.
I can't get it off my hands, that pumice cleaner is too harsh for my uncalloused hands.
I've noticed some workers wearing gloves, but most people don't wear gloves.

Should I start wearing gloves ??

Oak

Sawdust has been recognized as a carcinogen. Cardboard is made from paper, ie wood. It isn't rocket science.

rickyb

my old railway job had some kind of grinding plant next to it, all kinds of :censored2: in the air. glad i left.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Follow up question ::

Boxes are dirty at my hub. I find myself getting dirty all the time.
I can't get it off my hands, that pumice cleaner is too harsh for my uncalloused hands.
I've noticed some workers wearing gloves, but most people don't wear gloves.

Should I start wearing gloves ??

No. You should whine and cry on an internet forum.;)