Brett Favre unretires

P

pickup

As of the time of this writing, Brett Favre is once again unretired and is currently in training camp with the Minnesota Vikings.

When will the circus end?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

1 for 4 for 4 yards in 8 plays last night.

Tarvaris Jackson (12 for 25, 202 yards, 2 TDs) must have slept a little better last night after watching Favre struggle.

Brett, it is time to hang 'em up.

P

pickup

1 for 4 for 4 yards in 8 plays last night.

Tarvaris Jackson (12 for 25, 202 yards, 2 TDs) must have slept a little better last night after watching Favre struggle.

Brett, it is time to hang 'em up.

what is he getting? about 7 million for a season for a contract of 15 milllion. I wonder what his signing bonus was (in the event they cut him after a season, they can't recoup a signing bonus, but they don't have to pay the remainder) . Maybe he will be a backup quarterback if he can't hack playing full time. Give him a chance to rest up , get used to the personnel. I think minnesota sold more tickets because of the signing. Also, he can teach these young fellow quarterbacks a thing or two.

He's got a lot against him other than age and coming off an injury and surgery. He isn't conditioned and he doesn't know the playbook and the quirks of his receivers like the back of his hand. Curious to see how it plays out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He gets $6M just for showing up. He gets $13M this year (this includes the $6M) and $12M next.

I believe they are providing him with a generous supply of Geritol and Ben Gay.

Ticket sales have gone through the roof since his signing.

ESPN has the Monday night game when he goes back to Lambeau.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I won't wear any of my Favre jerseys until he REALLY REALLY retires, but I'm thrilled to see him at Minnesota: I count it as two sure wins for my Packers!!!!!!

He's got a torn rotator cuff! How many hits will it take to destroy that shoulder? His O-line looked pretty bad on those 3 series he played. Maybe they are not that thrilled to be the chorus in this opera?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Re: Fantasy Football

Paul Molitor?

Careful.:wink2:
Paul Molitor, just like Brett Farve, brought fans to their respective stadiums.

Paul, like Brett, left with uneasy feelings from the guy running the show.

Sal Bando it quite clear that Molly was just a DH.

Molly left and with him he took my baseball heart to Toronto where he was named the MVP of the World Series!!!

Paul played his last MLB game as a Twin.

Similar paths and the stories have now an similar twist ending in MN.

Brett left GRB, with no love from Ted Thompson.

Brett did ignite the Jets and now he is in MN.

( And yes, both men had substance abuse issues. )

I will always support Brett Farve, if that team he plays for now wins, I will be happy for Brett.

And I will wear my new Purple Jersey at Miller Park on Friday because it is now a tradition. I attend only ONE game at Miller Park a year. Last year I proudly wore my Brett the Jet Jersey. This year, it will be my Vikqueen Farve Jersey.

I will be in the stands when Brett runs on to the field to play the Packers.

I could hope that the fans will cheer the man that brought the title back to Green Bay. Packer Fans, I hope, will show the proper appreciation for this future first ballot hall of fame member.

I attended the Monday Night game when the Pack played the Bears the day Sweetness passed. ( Walter Payton) The respect was felt and the Bears won that night.

Yes. I would have liked him to stay home and ride his tractor.
He decided to return to the game he loves. I will respect his choice and always remember the joy he brought to the game.

P

pickup

Not every Viking fan is pleased with this turn of events.

At 3:01 , it looks like ajblakejr's old avatar makes a brief appearance in the video

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Not every Viking fan is pleased with this turn of events.

YouTube - Hitler Upset Vikings Sign Brett Favre

At 3:01 , it looks like ajblakejr's old avatar makes a brief appearanc e in the video
1920.png

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

He decided to return to the game he loves. I will respect his choice and always remember the joy he brought to the game.

During the Farve era. It is well documented by a local historian (me) that fans did not leave until the game was OVER.

Current Status of the Pack...
We walked out with three on the clock, we knew the game was over - call it the post Brett Era.
Cinny bia~ tch slapped the home boys and Ocho got his Lambeau leap.

Brett gave us universal Hope!!!
Brett united us.
Brett never gave up.

Joy. Pure freaking JOY.

This is PURE FARVE.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-...33ea/WK-3-Can-t-Miss-Play-Favre-s-game-winner

ups1990

I challenge all the Favre honks, to go through all his 4th quarter comebacks and find a better, more spectacular ending than the one last week. How in the world did Favre get the pass off and be as precise and the catch, wow!

browndevil

.......and that collective groan you heard coming from the west coast........yes that was 49er fans. When Brett is playing the game is not over until you see .00 on the game clock

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

.......and that collective groan you heard coming from the west coast........yes that was 49er fans. When Brett is playing the game is not over until you see .00 on the game clock

Browndevil...I take it you recall that very famous game that we lost (Packers lost) and made TO what he is today. (Annoying)

Someone said or I read it somewhere...how is possible that the Ghost of Joe Montana lives in the body of that ONE (Favre) and Joe's not dead?

And recalling with chills down my spine how those Packer v. 49er games started with EVERYONE on the field huddling around the Minister of Defense ( RIP Reggie White).

God Bless Brett Farve and all the players of the NFL.
Always allow them to go home the in the same condition they started the day; only a little bruised up and sore.

:happy2:

God help me. I love football.

browndevil

Browndevil...I take it you recall that very famous game that we lost (Packers lost) and made TO what he is today. (Annoying)

Someone said or I read it somewhere...how is possible that the Ghost of Joe Montana lives in the body of that ONE (Favre) and Joe's not dead?

And recalling with chills down my spine how those Packer v. 49er games started with EVERYONE on the field huddling around the Minister of Defense ( RIP Reggie White).

God Bless Brett Farve and all the players of the NFL.
Always allow them to go home the in the same condition they started the day; only a little bruised up and sore.

:happy2:

God help me. I love football.
Are you speaking of a 49er-Packer playoff game around 1998 or 99?

Yes he is the ghost of Joe Montana, never heard that but that is so true. Brett is a lot of fun to watch,sorry I am rooting for him next Monday night. Maybe the first time ever. He still is the 49er nemesis

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Are you speaking of a 49er-Packer playoff game around 1998 or 99?

Yes he is the ghost of Joe Montana, never heard that but that is so true. Brett is a lot of fun to watch,sorry I am rooting for him next Monday night. Maybe the first time ever. He still is the 49er nemesis

I wrote the following to a cherished buddy this morning. :happy-very:
I am gonna root for Brett Farve and he just happens to be a Viking.

My reasons:
  • Brett is fun to watch.
  • He loves to play football.
  • I don't want someone to tell me that I can't do my job because I am old.
  • I don't want some to assume that I can't physically handle the job I love.
And I am praying that Donal Driver shatters Sterling Sharpe's records this weekend.

There is Nothing I want more is to see Brett run across the field to hug Driver.
Kodak Moment.
Highlight on Sportscenter.
And a reason to feel pure emotion and cry happy tears.

God Bless the NFL:happy-very: